emerge failure
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: emerge failure Reply with quote

emerge initially worked great, but it just started failing everytime I try to emerge a package. It will doesnload the package without any problems, then for some reason download the package again (from a different server), then it tells me this:

FINISHED --20:40:30--
Downloaded: 332,223 bytes in 1 file
!!! Couldn't download audiofile-0.2.3.tar.gz. Aborting.
!!! emerge aborting on /usr/portage/media-libs/audiofile/audiofile-0.2.3-r1.ebuild.

I used audiofile as an example, but this happens with all packages. Strange thing is the package was indeed downloaded and is sitting in /usr/portage/distfiles. Any ideas what could be causing the problem?
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, something else just occured to me. This originally happened in the middle of a KDE emerge. I was looking though /etc and cusomizing my settings while everything was downloading and compiling. After I was done I switched over and saw that it failed, and so did anything else I tried to do. I went back through everything I changed in /etc, but couldn't find anything that should be relevant. Just wanted to point that out in case it helps anyone. Thanks again.
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the archive's sake, I figured out my problem. I had enabled recursive downloads for wget (/etc/wget/wgetrc), and apparently portage doesn't like that :o. I ended up with emerge downloading the file to /usr/portage/distfiles/<server.name/path/to/package>, which obviously isn't where it was expecting to find the files, so it thought the download wasn't sucessful. Oh well, live and learn.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: