View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkphader
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Google visual hangout effects not working Reply with quote

Maybe it takes a village, or at least a community, to get to the bottom of this, so I'm posting it here.

The bugzilla post is here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=424409

When I start or join a Google Hangout and open the Google Effects tab none of the visual effects, when selected, are applied to my video. I can see others visual effects and the audio effects do work.
At first I thought it might be an nVidia issue, but the problem remains with the Nouveau driver and even without the nVidia card at all as I'm currently running with the embedded Intel video as my nVidia GPU is out for repair. The problem exists, and has existed, through various kernel, driver, broswer, and google-talkplugin versions.

My guess at this point is that there is some run time dependency I'm missing (not listed in the google-talkplugin ebuild) for such effects to work. Maybe a kernel config item, an xorg-driver issue, xorg config issue, etc. It must be something as similar hardware works just fine with Ubuntu.

My fellow Gentoo users, please help me keep what remaining few strands of hair I have left :-)

Thank you!

Chris
mrpdaemon
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue using an nvidia card, no idea why this isn't working. It works with Ubuntu.
darkphader
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpdaemon wrote:
Same issue using an nvidia card, no idea why this isn't working. It works with Ubuntu.

It's not the nVidia card as mine is at Asus for repair and the same problem remains with the embedded Intel graphics. And before the card failed I tried the Nouveau drivers with no success as well.

Are there any Gentoo users where these hangout effects do work? And if so what is the difference between the systems that don't work and those that do?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: