Remote control of nas or jack server
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bircoph
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Remote control of nas or jack server Reply with quote

Hello,

We have single sound server and a handful of a clients optionally rerouting their media streams to be output on that server (no input streams to clients, no inter-client streams).

I'm looking for a way to remotely control a sound server muxer from clients: each client should be able to locally control sound level, mute/unmute and possibly disconnect any stream from any other clients (not just itself). We used nas originally, but we can't find a remote control tool. Now we're using pulseaudio, it can do the job, but is shitty with hardware on some clients and we want to get rid of it (clients may route some streams locally and some to the remote server). Jackd is a good solution, but yet again I can't find a remote control tool.

It is possible to login through ssh, but users are strongly against that and this may have some security implications.
So I'm still looking for nas/jack remote control...
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. You should ask on the jack-devel email list http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org or the LAD http://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-dev
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: