No input from mic - X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Edition
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meister
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: No input from mic - X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Edition Reply with quote

First of all, since this is my first post I just wanted to say Hello! Glad to be part of the forums, and hopefully will be able to contribute one day instead of being on the side of needing help all the time. I've dabbled in Linux for quite a while, and after the Windows 8 debacle I decided to bring my gaming rig to Gentoo permanently in wait of Steam. At any rate, enough about me and more about my issue.

I realize that there has been a few posts in the past on these forums with the exact type of issue, but as far as I could see there was nothing resolved from it. My issue is that there is no input coming from my mic on my X-fi Fatal1ty sound card, but the output is fine. I know my mic works as it works on Windows just fine. I'm currently running the latest kernel with the X-Fi driver compiled as a module, and loaded in the modules file. I have it set up in ALSA, and have fooled around with the settings and could not come up with a fix. I'm mostly interested in getting Mumble to work, so that's where I do most of my testing. When setting up audio if I leave things at default settings (default input, output) when I get to the configuration of my mic, it starts making all these odd static - echo type noises (best way to explain it), and I try to talk but I don't hear my voice. It then just dies to no sound at all after about 30 seconds. I've tried different input options in the Mumble configuration to no avail, some make different noises, some none at all. I've tried muting pcm, that kills the noises all together but still no voice. I've also tried a voice recorder with no sound coming from it at all.

Before you ask, no my mic is not muted. :lol:

I have hope that perhaps this can be resolved as I'm getting SOME type of feedback from the input. Hopefully this can get resolved, as I'd love to be able to chat with my friends in Mumble again! If you need any info, outputs, etc please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!
Linux User #567756
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: