Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siwy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Xbmc Reply with quote

Architecture x86-32

Code:
3.3.8-gentoo #10 SMP Sun Sep 9 18:17:46 UTC 2012 i686 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Install Method: Manual / XBMC was installed from portage with all dependecies

System hardware specs:

Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset DRAM Controller (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation N10/ICH7 Family SATA Controller [IDE mode] (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 01)
01:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller (rev 03)
01:00.1 IDE interface: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller (rev 03)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 03)

Installed Modules:

Code:
snd_hda_codec_hdmi     21065  1
snd_hda_codec_realtek    89031  1
snd_hda_intel          18911  0
snd_hda_codec          64356  3 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep               4484  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm                57920  3 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd_timer              14407  1 snd_pcm
snd                    40681  7 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer
i915                  373819  1
soundcore               4385  1 snd
snd_page_alloc          5573  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
drm_kms_helper         22254  1 i915
intel_agp               8584  1 i915
intel_gtt              11321  3 i915,intel_agp

The main question is, how to configure gentoo to be fully compatible with XBMC with all features.

Right now i have a problem with (features are enabled in XBMC):

1 XBMC Web server

No Installed Firewall and Ports are openened.

2 Airplay

3 Some addons like simple fetching video web stream, wchich are working propably on XBMCbuntu

4 Sound is working randomly

Error Code: pcm.c:7245:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured

Audio Codec: http://pastebin.com/ymZCgTr8

5 Internet Connection is only working when XBMC is opened by root, but other USER have the same priviliges like root.

So , maybe someone can help wchich CHMOD for directories/services should bee set for other user than ROOT .

There is a log from XBMC: http://pastebin.com/wzDPkWDU
DawgG
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are pretty vague questions, but since i'm quite happy with my own gentoo-xbmc-combo i'll answer them ttbomk.

1. xbmc-webif: if you run xbmc as a user other than root (which you should) you have to configure a port >1024 for it in xbmc (the client, obviously, has to connect to exactly that port.)
By default, no firewall-functions are installed in gentoo linux, so you shouldn't have to worry about that (see 5.). To check if the port is really open, you can start xbmc and run
Code:
netstat -ta
in another shell; the port must be shown as open.

2. sorry, i have no experiences at all with airplay, but my guess is: "no net==no airplay"

3. if this is not related to the network-issue, then it's most likely an xbmc/add-on-issue. do you use the same versions on the installations you compared? if you use unstable it might just be that (although i have not had any stability-issues so far)

4. sound: i found that the most difficult to configure, too. first make sure alsa is correctly installed and working.
the commands:
Code:
aplay -l
aplay -L
speaker-test <...>
help a lot.
then select the audiodevice which you want xbmc to use. you might have to write an .asoundrc-file (for the user running xbmc) for this (i had to do this to get hdmi-sound to work). if you change the audio-settings you often have to restart alsa and xbmc to activate the new settings.

5. network-connections are normally available for all users, so make sure that this works first. this might be related to question 3. you are not running any hardened or grsec-kernel or something like that?

GOOD LUCK!
siwy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgG
Thanks for reply.

But still, the same situation.

Sound (hdmi) is working randomly, and xbmc have, a problems with plugins and internet connection (xbmc can download addons but cant use connection for download subtitles ora downad wether information).
BT
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siwy,

Regarding Internet access, try setting your gateway address as the primary DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf. I had an issue where XBMC wouldn't download weather information and RSS feeds until I made this change.

Last edited by BT on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
siwy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT wrote:
siwy,

Regarding Internet access, try setting your gateway address as the primary DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf. I had an issue were XBMC wouldn't download weather information and RSS feeds until I made this change.

Thanks for reply, but still no "full" internet connection. Even with DNS.

---------

Update:

LogMeIn-Hamachi was creating conflict between XBMC and IPV4.

So 1 issue less...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: