qjoypad missing tray icon
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zlg
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: qjoypad missing tray icon Reply with quote

Hi. I didn't know where to post this, but this seemed like the best place.

I recently started using Gentoo and have successfully compiled the things I use/need. One peculiarity, however, is that qjoypad doesn't seem to display an icon for its window or its systray spot. I thought perhaps fluxbox wasn't compiled to support the image it was trying to use, but I've since recompiled fluxbox and the icon issue is still present.

Qjoypad still works, detects my controller, allows me to configure it, etc. It's just a cosmetic issue that I think may be easily fixed. Any clues? I don't know what sort of information would be most helpful, but I'm willing to supply any that's needed.

EDIT: I took a look through the source. I'm not familiar with C++, but it seems that there's an ICON64 constant used in `layout.cpp` and defined in `qjoypad.pro` that's pointing to an icon file (icon64.png) that doesn't exist under qjoypad's included icons/ directory. The same is happening for the 24x24 sized icon. The contents of icons/ are:

Code:

gamepad1-24x24.png
gamepad1-64x64.png
gamepad2-24x24.png
gamepad2-64x64.png
gamepad3-24x24.png
gamepad3-64x64.png
gamepad4-24x24.png
gamepad4-64x64.png

Is this worthy of a bug report?

EDIT2: It seems that the maintainer of this package is absent until October... No clue what to do.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: