openswan ebuild?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: openswan ebuild? Reply with quote

I connect via ipsec to the terminalserver in my office. Until 2014 I used openswan and when it was removed from the portage tree I changed to libreswan, which worked flawless until version 3.15.

The actual version 3.17 (3.16 had a security problem) does not work for me. The connection is permanently interrupted or lost.

I tried to revert to version 3.15, but unfortunately it “refuses” to compile.

Strongswan is however not an alternative, due to several reasons.

My first choice is to switch back to openswan, which I use on an old laptop with Arch Linux installed. There it works perfectly.

Unfortunately I could not find any ebuild for the actual version, 2.6.48, of openswan. The “newest” ebuild I have found is for version 2.6.38, which is completely outdated.

Therefore I wanted to ask if anybody is using openswan and has a working ebuild for the actual version of openswan?

All the best and many thanks
CHL
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: