Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
Hello,

i am new to this kernel sources, so first a friendly Hello :-)

And greetings to you.

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
Second i have got a question, i can't figure out which patchsets are compatible with pax and/or grsec.
I want to use Pax but also i want aufs3, bfq, fbcondecor and suse patches would be nice.

You are free to use any of the patches in any combination. But in sys-kernel/geek-sources no any tests except those documented in the wiki

Quote:
Test patches
Each patch passes couple of checks:

* Normal patch must exist and contain more than 8 lines.
* Patch in *.gz, *.bz, *.bz2, *.lrz, *.xz, *.zip, *.Z must exist and its size must be greater than zero.
Only those patches that pass the test check are applied

Code:
# patch -p1 --dry-run patch_name && patch -p1 -s patch_name

Everything else should know the user himself.
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhh, ok, but it skips the Pax/Grsec Patches during the installation when i use it combined with others, only Pax/Grsec is working.

So i can't select Pax/Grsec Options in the installed kernel.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
Mhh, ok, but it skips the Pax/Grsec Patches during the installation when i use it combined with others, only Pax/Grsec is working.

0) update overlay

1) Do not ask stupid questions! Read wiki about GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER But there is now outdated information. Since then, many patches/USE flags was deleted. Current information prints ebuild himself when you install it.
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

init_6 wrote:
Yamakuzure wrote:
Did you change anything? I wanted to re-build 3.9.2 and got this:
Code:
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="
 *   zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai
 *   debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai
 *   imq bfq bld branding grsecurity
 *   genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * Not all USE flag present in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER from /etc/portage/kernel.conf
 * The following flags are missing: scst pld zen vserver genpatches gentoo grsecurity imq grsec pardus phc rifs rtai xenomai debian
 * Probably that's the plan. In that case, never mind.
All of the mentioned flags but "gentoo" are in GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER.

The plan for the next big release: 2) The following USE flags will be removed:
Yes, init6, I read that. Nevertheless it has nothing to do with the fact that the eclass is warning about missing flags that are there.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
Yes, init6, I read that. Nevertheless it has nothing to do with the fact that the eclass is warning about missing flags that are there.

Yamakuzure now there is no any rifs, rtai, debian, pardus, pld, xenomai, imq, grsecurity, genpatches, vserver, phc, scst but

Code:
diff -u kernel.conf kernel.conf~
--- kernel.conf   2013-05-19 23:49:05.403341208 +0300
+++ kernel.conf~   2013-05-19 23:48:59.615413567 +0300
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
 GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="
-zen aufs ck rifs uksm ice rt rtai
-debian mageia lqx pardus pld fedora suse xenomai
-imq bfq bld branding grsecurity
-genpatches reiser4 vserver zfs fix pax pf phc scst upatch"
+aufs ck uksm ice rt
+mageia lqx fedora suse
+bfq bld branding grsec
+gentoo reiser4 zfs fix pax pf upatch"

work like a charm for my. And I'm not eager now to find out why it does not work with old/missing flags?
At the moment I am busy with a resolution of the current problems - Now need: normal work with git in eclass, new function for suse/patches.xen, add zfs, remove variables from geek-sources-*.ebuild --> https://github.com/init6/init_6/issues/13
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I do not have to worry if the ebuild
  1. Lists Flags as Missing when they actually *are* set and
  2. show _valid_ flags (like "gentoo") as missing although they are definetly set?
I have checked the logs, and the patchsets are indeed applied. But the log message they were missing is concerning. That's all.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
So I do not have to worry if the ebuild
  1. Lists Flags as Missing when they actually *are* set and
  2. show _valid_ flags (like "gentoo") as missing although they are definetly set?
I have checked the logs, and the patchsets are indeed applied. But the log message they were missing is concerning. That's all.

I am working on closing geek-sources-3.8.13 restoration request. :

1)
Quote:
For more correct processing patches from suse/patches.xen require a new function --> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7310848.html#7310848 And it is necessary for any version of kernels.

Almost done Add & use SmartApplyPatch for suse/patches.xen but still need to fix it.

2)
Quote:
To return support for "older" kernels need to fix all work with git.

Fix all to get patches from different commit`s/branches/tag`s.

3)
Quote:
And need to fix USE zfs

USE="zfs" should generate patch like aufs for example.

4)
Quote:
Make the variables in geek-sources-*.ebuild optional

Plus automatic selection of the most suitable patch version for specified version of kernel.

Yamakuzure Want to help?
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

init_6 wrote:
Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:

0) update overlay

1) Do not ask stupid questions! Read wiki about GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER But there is now outdated information. Since then, many patches/USE flags was deleted. Current information prints ebuild himself when you install it.

Wouldn't bother if changing the Patching Order would help, sorry that i have not told this.

Like i say USE="-symlink pax -uksm -aufs -gentoo -fedora -mageia -suse -bfq -ck -ice pax -pf" works and gives me a kernel with Pax Patches applied.

And i don't understand why the Pax Patches are skipped (They are first in the Order) when i use USE="-symlink pax uksm aufs gentoo fedora mageia suse bfq ck ice pax pf" emerge geek-sources, because like you say it should only be skipped if the tests fail, but then it has to skip Pax Patches in the first case, too. (Logically to me because the tests would be the same.)
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Child_of_Sun_24:
The order of the USE flags is irrelevant. init_6 talked about the variable "GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" declared in the file /etc/portage/kernel.conf

@init_6:
Currently I have no idea where and how to help. But I'll take a look at your repo and see what I am capable of understanding. ;)
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
Wouldn't bother if changing the Patching Order would help, sorry that i have not told this.

Like i say USE="-symlink pax -uksm -aufs -gentoo -fedora -mageia -suse -bfq -ck -ice pax -pf" works and gives me a kernel with Pax Patches applied.

And i don't understand why the Pax Patches are skipped (They are first in the Order) when i use USE="-symlink pax uksm aufs gentoo fedora mageia suse bfq ck ice pax pf" emerge geek-sources, because like you say it should only be skipped if the tests fail, but then it has to skip Pax Patches in the first case, too. (Logically to me because the tests would be the same.)

Now latest pax patch pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch 05/17/13 21:47 user_pax_ver="3.9.2-test6" with 3.9.3 works fine for my. Not skipped for my with USE="pax -aufs -branding -fedora -gentoo -grsec -ice -mageia -suse -symlink" and with USE="pax aufs branding fedora gentoo grsec ice mageia suse symlink"
pax apply fine for my.
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
@Child_of_Sun_24:
The order of the USE flags is irrelevant. init_6 talked about the variable "GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER" declared in the file /etc/portage/kernel.conf

http://pastebin.com/TPyPQKQu wrote:
* The order of patching is defined in file /etc/portage/kernel.conf with the variable GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER is its default value:
* GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pax lqx pf bfq ck gentoo grsec ice reiser4 rt bld uksm aufs mageia fedora suse zfs branding fix upatch"
* You are free to choose any order of patching.
* For example, if you like the alphabetical order of patching you must set the variable:
* echo 'GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="aufs bfq bld branding ck fedora fix gentoo grsec ice lqx mageia pax pf reiser4 rt suse uksm upatch zfs"' > /etc/portage/kernel.conf
* Otherwise i will use the default value of GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER!
* And may the Force be with you…

Yamakuzure wrote:
@init_6:
Currently I have no idea where and how to help. But I'll take a look at your repo and see what I am capable of understanding. ;)

Thx! :)
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
@Child_of_Sun_24:

@init_6:

I know what he means.

I think no one understands what i mean, sorry if my english is so bad, but when i say that setting the Patching Order won't help than i mean that editing /etc/portage/kernel.conf with nano and write the line GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pax lqx pf bfq ck gentoo grsec ice reiser4 rt bld uksm aufs mageia fedora suse zfs branding fix upatch", won't help.

Code:
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.3 from init6
 * patch-3.9.3.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * linux-3.9.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * patch-3.9-ck1.lrz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * patch-3.9.2-pf.bz2 SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
 * Extract the sources ...                                                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Skipping update to latest upstream ...
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.3/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.3/work/linux-3.9.3-geek ...
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pax lqx pf bfq ck gentoo grsec ice reiser4 rt bld uksm aufs mageia fedora suse zfs branding fix upatch" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf

* PAX patches - http://pax.grsecurity.net
 * Applying pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch                                                                                                                                                           [ !! ]

* pf-kernel patches - http://pf.natalenko.name
 * Applying patch-3.9.2-pf.bz2 ...                                                                                                                                                                          [ ok ]

* Budget Fair Queueing Budget I/O Scheduler - http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/
 * Applying 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r1-3.9.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r1-3.9.patch                                                                                                                          [ !! ]
 * Applying 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r1-I-O-sched-for-3.9.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r1-I-O-sched-for-3.9.patch                                                                                                                             [ !! ]
 * Applying 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r1-for-3.9.0.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r1-for-3.9.0.patch                                                                                                                  [ !! ]

* Con Kolivas high performance patchset - http://users.on.net/~ckolivas/kernel
 * Applying patch-3.9-ck1.lrz ...
 * Skipping patch --> patch-3.9-ck1.lrz                                                                                                                                                                     [ !! ]
^C

Exiting on signal 2

/var/lib/layman/init6/sys-kernel/geek-sources/geek-sources-3.9.3.ebuild: src_prepare aborted; exiting.

Comes if i use my Standard USE-Flags.
Code:

* patch-3.9.3.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * linux-3.9.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
 * Extract the sources ...                                                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]

* Update to latest upstream ...
 * Applying patch-3.9.3.xz ...                                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.3/work/linux-3.9.3-geek ...
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pax lqx pf bfq ck gentoo grsec ice reiser4 rt bld uksm aufs mageia fedora suse zfs branding fix upatch" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf

* Applying pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]

font-8x16-iso-latin-1-v2.patch
CONFIG_FONT_ISO_LATIN_1_8x16 http://sudormrf.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/ka-ping-yee-iso-latin-1%c2%a0font-in-linux-kernel/

gentoo-larry-logo-v3.patch
CONFIG_LOGO_LARRY_CLUT224 https://github.com/init6/init_6/raw/master/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files/branding/logo_larry_clut224.gif
CONFIG_LOGO_LARRY_HEAD_CLUT224 https://github.com/init6/init_6/raw/master/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files/branding/logo_larry_head_clut224.gif

linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch - Colored printk patch from zen

* Branding
 * Applying font-8x16-iso-latin-1-v2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying gentoo-larry-logo-v3.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]

acpi-ec-add-delay-before-write-1.patch Oops: ACPI: EC: input buffer is not empty, aborting transaction - 2.6.32 regression https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14733#c83
change-default-console-loglevel.patch set DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL to 4 (same value as the 'quiet' kernel param) remove this when a Kconfig knob is made available by upstream (relevant patch sent upstream: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/26/227)
kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz from http://repo-ck.com/source/gcc_patch/kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz
linux-<name> patches from git://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git
 * Fixes for current kernel
 * Applying acpi-ec-add-delay-before-write-1.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> acpi-ec-add-delay-before-write-1.patch                                                                                                                                                [ !! ]
 * Applying change-default-console-loglevel.patch ...                                                                                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz ...
 * Skipping patch --> kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz                                                                                                                                                            [ !! ]
 * Applying linux-003-no_dev_console.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> linux-003-no_dev_console.patch                                                                                                                                                        [ !! ]
 * Applying linux-004_lower_undefined_mode_timeout.patch ...                                                                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-006_enable_utf8.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-007_die_floppy_die.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-009_disable_i8042_check_on_apple_mac.patch ...                                                                                                                                            [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-010-perf_crosscompiling.patch ...                                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-053-spinelplus-remote-0.2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-054-nuvoton_revert_d7b290a1056c5564eec8a1b169c6e84ff3.6.114c13.patch ...                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-055-add_Formosa_eHome_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-056-add_Adaptec_eHome_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-057-Removed-MCE-customer-code-restriction-in-rc6-decode.patch ...                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-059-remove_some_xpad_pids-0.2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-203-stb0899_enable_low_symbol_rate.patch ...                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-210-dvbsky.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-212-mantis_stb0899_faster_lock.patch ...                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-213-cinergy_s2_usb_r2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-221-ngene-octopus.patch ...                                                                                                                                                               [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-222-stb0899_signal_quality.patch ...                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-223-Fix-video-artifacts-with-tt-3600-s2-usb.patch ...                                                                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-700-jmicron_1_0_8_5.patch ...                                                                                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-900-hide_tsc_error.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-950-saa716x_PCIe_interface_chipset.patch ...
^C

Exiting on signal 2

Comes when i only use the Pax Flag.

Sorry, but if no one can help me, i give it up because i can't find the error by myself (It occours on my System with every version of geek-sources, the only difference is that with <3.8.10 Pax applied correct if i won't use ck and pf, but with the new Sources 3.9.X i couldn't find a working combination of flags)
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
I know what he means.

I think no one understands what i mean, sorry if my english is so bad, but when i say that setting the Patching Order won't help than i mean that editing /etc/portage/kernel.conf with nano and write the line GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pax lqx pf bfq ck gentoo grsec ice reiser4 rt bld uksm aufs mageia fedora suse zfs branding fix upatch", won't help.

Code:

* patch-3.9-ck1.lrz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * patch-3.9.2-pf.bz2 SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...

* Skipping patch --> pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch                                                                                                                                                           [ !! ]

* Applying patch-3.9.2-pf.bz2 ...                                                                                                                                                                          [ ok ]

* Budget Fair Queueing Budget I/O Scheduler - http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/
 * Applying 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r1-3.9.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r1-3.9.patch                                                                                                                          [ !! ]
 * Applying 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r1-I-O-sched-for-3.9.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r1-I-O-sched-for-3.9.patch                                                                                                                             [ !! ]
 * Applying 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r1-for-3.9.0.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r1-for-3.9.0.patch                                                                                                                  [ !! ]

* Con Kolivas high performance patchset - http://users.on.net/~ckolivas/kernel
 * Applying patch-3.9-ck1.lrz ...
 * Skipping patch --> patch-3.9-ck1.lrz                                                                                                                                                                     [ !! ]
^C

Exiting on signal 2

/var/lib/layman/init6/sys-kernel/geek-sources/geek-sources-3.9.3.ebuild: src_prepare aborted; exiting.

Ok…

Quote:
* patch-3.9.2-pf.bz2 SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ... [ ok ]

so USE="pf pax"… sad but with USE="pf" or USE="lqx" are not applied any patch-3.9.3.xz

Code:

So there is not linux-3.9.3!!! There is vanilla linux-3.9.0 + lqx or pf patch. But pax

Code:

Need linux-3.9.2 or linux-3.9.3. And pax of course will be skipped.

Because USE="pf" or USE="lqx" have their own version numbering.

Child_of_Sun_24 wrote:
Comes if i use my Standard USE-Flags.
Code:

>>> Unpacking source...

* Applying patch-3.9.3.xz ...                                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]

* Applying pax-linux-3.9.2-test6.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]

CONFIG_FONT_ISO_LATIN_1_8x16 http://sudormrf.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/ka-ping-yee-iso-latin-1%c2%a0font-in-linux-kernel/

CONFIG_LOGO_LARRY_CLUT224 https://github.com/init6/init_6/raw/master/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files/branding/logo_larry_clut224.gif
CONFIG_LOGO_LARRY_HEAD_CLUT224 https://github.com/init6/init_6/raw/master/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files/branding/logo_larry_head_clut224.gif

* Branding
 * Applying font-8x16-iso-latin-1-v2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying gentoo-larry-logo-v3.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]

acpi-ec-add-delay-before-write-1.patch Oops: ACPI: EC: input buffer is not empty, aborting transaction - 2.6.32 regression https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14733#c83
change-default-console-loglevel.patch set DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL to 4 (same value as the 'quiet' kernel param) remove this when a Kconfig knob is made available by upstream (relevant patch sent upstream: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/26/227)
kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz from http://repo-ck.com/source/gcc_patch/kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz
 * Applying acpi-ec-add-delay-before-write-1.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> acpi-ec-add-delay-before-write-1.patch                                                                                                                                                [ !! ]
 * Applying change-default-console-loglevel.patch ...                                                                                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz ...
 * Skipping patch --> kernel-39-gcc48-1.patch.gz                                                                                                                                                            [ !! ]
 * Applying linux-003-no_dev_console.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> linux-003-no_dev_console.patch                                                                                                                                                        [ !! ]
 * Applying linux-004_lower_undefined_mode_timeout.patch ...                                                                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-006_enable_utf8.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-007_die_floppy_die.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-009_disable_i8042_check_on_apple_mac.patch ...                                                                                                                                            [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-010-perf_crosscompiling.patch ...                                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-053-spinelplus-remote-0.2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-054-nuvoton_revert_d7b290a1056c5564eec8a1b169c6e84ff3.6.114c13.patch ...                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-055-add_Formosa_eHome_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-056-add_Adaptec_eHome_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-057-Removed-MCE-customer-code-restriction-in-rc6-decode.patch ...                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-059-remove_some_xpad_pids-0.2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-203-stb0899_enable_low_symbol_rate.patch ...                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-210-dvbsky.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-212-mantis_stb0899_faster_lock.patch ...                                                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-213-cinergy_s2_usb_r2.patch ...                                                                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-221-ngene-octopus.patch ...                                                                                                                                                               [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-222-stb0899_signal_quality.patch ...                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-223-Fix-video-artifacts-with-tt-3600-s2-usb.patch ...                                                                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-700-jmicron_1_0_8_5.patch ...                                                                                                                                                             [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-900-hide_tsc_error.patch ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-950-saa716x_PCIe_interface_chipset.patch ...
^C

Exiting on signal 2

Comes when i only use the Pax Flag.

Sorry, but if no one can help me, i give it up because i can't find the error by myself (It occours on my System with every version of geek-sources, the only difference is that with <3.8.10 Pax applied correct if i won't use ck and pf, but with the new Sources 3.9.X i couldn't find a working combination of flags)

The second log

Code:
>>> Unpacking source...

(cut)

With USE="pax -lqx -pf" all look fine.

Read carefully:

https://github.com/init6/init_6/wiki/geek-sources wrote:
All of this you can use individually or together in any combination. However you should keep in mind next phrase:
Uncle Ben wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility

You need to know that any patch that causes conflict in sys-kernel/geek-sources is automatically skipped. There are no checks for those type of patches/USE flags in sys-kernel/geek-sources.
(cut)

• Normal patch must exist and contain more than 8 lines.
  • Patch in *.gz, *.bz, *.bz2, *.lrz, *.xz, *.zip, *.Z must exist and its size must be greater than zero.

Code:
patch -p1 --dry-run patch_name && patch -p1 -s patch_name

Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

init_6 wrote:
Read carefully:

https://github.com/init6/init_6/wiki/geek-sources wrote:
All of this you can use individually or together in any combination. However you should keep in mind next phrase:
Uncle Ben wrote:
With great power comes great responsibility

You need to know that any patch that causes conflict in sys-kernel/geek-sources is automatically skipped. There are no checks for those type of patches/USE flags in sys-kernel/geek-sources.
(cut)

• Normal patch must exist and contain more than 8 lines.
  • Patch in *.gz, *.bz, *.bz2, *.lrz, *.xz, *.zip, *.Z must exist and its size must be greater than zero.

Code:
patch -p1 --dry-run patch_name && patch -p1 -s patch_name

Ok, thank you, now i have understand the Problem, sorry for this, sometimes i need a little bit longer to understand :-)
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add longterm sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.2.45,3.4.47} -fedora -suse Still need to fix all work with git and variables.
Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.3 -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.9.4
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.2.45,3.4.47,3.9.4} -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.2.46,3.4.48,3.9.5}
Plus new feature in linux-geek.eclass
Default off and turn on only if you add

Code:
crap_patch=will_not_pass

to /etc/portage/kernel.conf and then do not ask me why not apply your crappy patches.
Any patch that will leave after applying files *.orig or *.rej be reversed (yep patch -p1 -R < <patch name> )

So now crap will not pass!
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.2.46,3.4.49,3.9.6,3.10-r5} -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.2.47,3.4.50,3.9.7,3.10-r6}
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.4.50,3.9.7} -> sys-kernel/geek-sources-{3.4.51,3.9.8}
emc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10

Code:
# cat  /etc/portage/kernel.conf
GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pf bfq bld uksm ck ice fix upatch branding grsec pax lqx reiser4 rt aufs mageia fedora suse zfs gentoo"

Code:
# grep geek /etc/portage/package.use
sys-kernel/geek-sources pf bld bfq gentoo ice

Code:
# emerge -f sys-kernel/geek-sources

>>> Fetching (1 of 1) sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10 from init6
 * patch-3.10.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                               [ ok ]
 * linux-3.10.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                           [ ok ]
>>> Downloading 'http://bld.googlecode.com/files/BLD-3.10.0.patch'
--2013-07-11 22:51:47--  http://bld.googlecode.com/files/BLD-3.10.0.patch
Resolving bld.googlecode.com... 173.194.70.82, 2a00:1450:4001:c02::52
Connecting to bld.googlecode.com|173.194.70.82|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2013-07-11 22:51:47 ERROR 404: Not Found.

!!! Couldn't download 'BLD-3.10.0.patch'. Aborting.
 * patch-3.10.0-pf.bz2 SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                         [ ok ]
 * Fetch failed for 'sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10'

There is bld-3.10.0.patch not BLD-3.10.0.patch at http://bld.googlecode.com/files/

with:
USE="-bld" emerge sys-kernel/geek-sources
Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10 from init6
 * patch-3.10.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                               [ ok ]
 * linux-3.10.tar.xz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                           [ ok ]
 * patch-3.10.0-pf.bz2 SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ...                                         [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
 * Disable fixes --> no
 * Crap patch --> ignore
 * Remove unneeded architectures --> no
 * Skip stable-queue --> yes
 * Extract the sources ...                                                                          [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10/work/linux-3.10-geek ...
 * Use GEEKSOURCES_PATCHING_ORDER="pf bfq bld uksm ck ice fix upatch branding grsec pax lqx reiser4 rt aufs mageia fedora suse zfs gentoo" from /etc/portage/kernel.conf

* Applying patch-3.10.0-pf.bz2 ...                                                                 [ ok ]

* Applying 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch                 [ !! ]
 * Applying 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch                    [ !! ]
 * Applying 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch         [ !! ]

* TuxOnIce - http://tuxonice.net
 * Applying tuxonice-kernel-3.10-20130711.patch.xz ...
 * Skipping patch --> tuxonice-kernel-3.10-20130711.patch.xz                                        [ !! ]

kernel-310-gcc48-1.patch.gz from http://repo-ck.com/source/gcc_patch/kernel-310-gcc48-1.patch.gz
 * Applying change-default-console-loglevel.patch ...                                               [ ok ]
 * Applying kernel-39-gcc48-2.patch.gz ...
 * Patch /var/lib/layman/init6/sys-kernel/geek-sources/files/3.10/fix/kernel-39-gcc48-2.patch.gz does not exist.
 * Skipping empty patch --> kernel-39-gcc48-2.patch.gz                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-003-no_dev_console.patch ...                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-004_lower_undefined_mode_timeout.patch ...                                        [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-006_enable_utf8.patch ...                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-007_die_floppy_die.patch ...                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-009_disable_i8042_check_on_apple_mac.patch ...                                    [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-010-perf_crosscompiling.patch ...                                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-052-XBOX_remote_support.patch ...                                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-053-spinelplus-remote-0.2.patch ...                                               [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-054-nuvoton_revert_d7b290a1056c5564eec8a1b169c6e84ff3.6.114c13.patch ...          [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-055-add_Formosa_eHome_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-056-add_Adaptec_eHome_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-057-add_SMK_Manufacturing_Inc_Infrared_Receiver.patch ...                         [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-057-Removed-MCE-customer-code-restriction-in-rc6-decode.patch ...                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-058.01-HID-Sony-upstream_patches.patch ...                                        [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-058.05-hid_sony-add_autorepeat_for_PS3_remotes.patch ...                          [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-059-remove_some_xpad_pids-0.2.patch ...                                           [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-060-add_AUGUST_DVB-T205.patch ...                                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-203-stb0899_enable_low_symbol_rate.patch ...                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-210-dvbsky.patch ...                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-212-mantis_stb0899_faster_lock.patch ...                                          [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-221-ngene-octopus.patch ...                                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-222-stb0899_signal_quality.patch ...                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-223-Fix-video-artifacts-with-tt-3600-s2-usb.patch ...                             [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-700-jmicron_1_0_8_5.patch ...                                                     [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-900-hide_tsc_error.patch ...                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-950-saa716x_PCIe_interface_chipset.patch ...                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-990.06-hda-Avoid-outputting-HDMI-audio-before-prepare-.patch ...                  [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-995-CX24120-13Z_frontend.patch ...                                                [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-996-macmini2012-ethernet.patch ...                                                [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-997-disable-rc6-on-sandybridge-gt1.patch ...                                      [ ok ]

* Branding
 * Applying font-8x16-iso-latin-1-v2.patch ...                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying gentoo-larry-logo-v3.patch ...                                                          [ ok ]
 * Applying linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch                                                [ !! ]
 * Applying linux-3.10-colored-printk.patch ...                                                     [ ok ]
find: missing argument to `-exec'

* Gentoo patches - http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches
 * Applying 1500_XATTR_USER_PREFIX.patch ...                                                        [ ok ]
 * Applying 1700_enable-thinkpad-micled.patch ...                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying 1801_block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch ...
 * Skipping patch --> 1801_block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch                 [ !! ]
 * Applying 1802_block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch1 ...
 * Skipping patch --> 1802_block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch1                   [ !! ]
 * Applying 1803_block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch1 ...
 * Skipping patch --> 1803_block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch1        [ !! ]
 * Applying 2400_kcopy-patch-for-infiniband-driver.patch ...                                        [ ok ]
 * Applying 2700_ThinkPad-30-brightness-control-fix.patch ...                                       [ ok ]
 * Applying 2900_dev-root-proc-mount-fix.patch ...                                                  [ ok ]
 * Applying 4200_fbcondecor-0.9.6.patch ...                                                         [ ok ]
 * Skipping update to latest stable queue ...

* Set extraversion in Makefile ...                                                                 [ ok ]
 * Searching for best availiable kernel config ...
 *  Foung config from running kernel, updating to match target kernel                               [ ok ]
 * Cleanup backups after patching ...                                                               [ ok ]
 * Skipping remove unneeded architectures ...
 * Compile gen_init_cpio ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 * Running make oldconfig ...                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Running modules_prepare ...

* Live long and prosper.

>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10/work/linux-3.10-geek ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10/work/linux-3.10-geek ...
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10

>>> Install geek-sources-3.10 into /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10/image/ category sys-kernel
>>> Copying sources ...
>>> Completed installing geek-sources-3.10 into /var/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10/image/

* QA Notice: RESTRICT=binchecks prevented checks on these ELF files:
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/usr/gen_init_cpio
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/sortextable
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/bin2c
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/conmakehash
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/pnmtologo
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/kallsyms
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/mod/modpost
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/kconfig/conf
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/genksyms/genksyms
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/scripts/basic/fixdep
 * /usr/src/linux-3.10-geek/arch/x86/tools/relocs

>>> Installing (1 of 1) sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case bld in 3.10 does not work for my. But thx now fxd!
emc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw can you tell me why bfq ice and some gentoo patches are skipped? I belived bacuse pf patch already contains bfq and ice patches, right? So should I remove bfq anf ice USE flags?
bfq:
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch
 * Skipping patch --> 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch
 * Skipping patch --> 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch

ice:
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> tuxonice-kernel-3.10-20130711.patch.xz

gentoo:
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> 1801_block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch
 * Skipping patch --> 1802_block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch1
 * Skipping patch --> 1803_block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch1

And lsat why this one is skipped?
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentoo now include bfq ChangeLog

Quote:
Also, three patches were added to introduce BFQ support which remains completely optional as it is off by default and therefore not compiled into the kernel unless you toggle it on in the menuconfig. There exists a chance that we add a very small amount of such popular optional patches to spare large groups of users and other maintainers from having to add, track and maintain them theirselves. Since 3.9 is not near EOL yet the BFQ patches were added to give them a try, this was requested in #gentoo-kernel, feedback on this idea is welcome; on a side note, the author of BFQ is planning to upstream them so we might see them go into the main kernel in the nearby future.

thx to Tom Wijsman!

linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch for 3.9 kernel.

So for 3.10 kernel linux-3.10-colored-printk.patch :)
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emc wrote:
btw can you tell me why bfq ice and some gentoo patches are skipped? I belived bacuse pf patch already contains bfq and ice patches, right? So should I remove bfq anf ice USE flags?
bfq:
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> 0001-block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch
 * Skipping patch --> 0002-block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch
 * Skipping patch --> 0003-block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch

ice:
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> tuxonice-kernel-3.10-20130711.patch.xz

gentoo:
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> 1801_block-cgroups-kconfig-build-bits-for-BFQ-v6r2-3.10.patch
 * Skipping patch --> 1802_block-introduce-the-BFQ-v6r2-I-O-sched-for-3.10.patch1
 * Skipping patch --> 1803_block-bfq-add-Early-Queue-Merge-EQM-to-BFQ-v6r2-for-3.10.0.patch1

And lsat why this one is skipped?
Code:
 * Skipping patch --> linux-3.9-colored-printk.patch

skipped becaus

Quote:
Applying patch-3.10.0-pf.bz2

Linux kernel fork with new features, including the -ck patchset (BFS), BFQ, TuxOnIce and UKSM

+ with USE="pf"

Quote:

so use only pf patch ;)
emc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx :)
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sys-kernel/geek-sources-3.10.6 is out!

Now more fun in eclass/*

Before updating read ChangeLog and README.md
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: