View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: mythtv/xbmc with mouse only? Reply with quote

Hello,

how easy will it be to run either mythtv or xbmc with only mouse attached?

Thanks.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only talk about XBMC, so...

Depends, are you talking everyday use or also setup? Most stuff is possible doing mouse only, espacially if you'd use one of the touch-optimized themes. Things like using the on-screen-keyboard are quite ugly and slow, so at least for the first setup, you should have some keyboard available.

The more interesting question, how old you or your technical equipment are. XBMC is easily controlled via a WiiMote and there are apps to control it via the HTTP-interface, for iOS and Android, both for phones and tablets.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avx wrote:
Can only talk about XBMC, so...

Depends, are you talking everyday use or also setup? Most stuff is possible doing mouse only, espacially if you'd use one of the touch-optimized themes. Things like using the on-screen-keyboard are quite ugly and slow, so at least for the first setup, you should have some keyboard available.

The more interesting question, how old you or your technical equipment are. XBMC is easily controlled via a WiiMote and there are apps to control it via the HTTP-interface, for iOS and Android, both for phones and tablets.

well I have a i7-2600 with 16 gb of ram and 2 gpus that runs 2 seat multiseat, as my rigg is in one room and my tv is in the living room and I have an extra gpu (the igp), I've thought of redeploying a 10m hdmi cable and connect it to the tv, but I need a method of controlling the session.

as I want to either see pics, play audio, view movies and maybe watch streams from specific sites, I've thought that keyboard is not needed much.

in addition, I don't own a smartphone and don't intend to have one soon.

any thoughts?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: