Log out hangs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FPoBM_Pinkie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Log out hangs Reply with quote

Hi,

Kind of frivolous but I'm getting bugged by it.
I'm using xfce4 with xfwm 4.8, xfwm, gtk+ 2.24.11 and 3.4.4, Unico GTK engine, the whole package. However, when I add the "Action Buttons" to the panel the application crashes. In addition to this, trying to log it off will result in a freeze (mouse doesn't freeze, strangely enough, it seems like only the wm freezes), then it finally shows up after about 20 seconds (keep in mind that this is a new box that's relatively high end).

As for other small questions, I want to ask why xconf-query -l doesn't show xfce4-notifyd. I assume I have the daemon in place as rc-update doesn't contain it. I'm in a pretty deep hole since I want to install the xfce ACID theme but after I install it (skipping the xfce4-notifyd part) it causes the terminal to break (error message with "Input/Output Error"), and my xfce4-mount tools on the panel to die as well.

On reading the xfconf-query docs, I realized that gtkrc is necessary and it's installed by querying the notifyd.

Thanks for the help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: