DRM removal from Kindle AZW ebooks
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: DRM removal from Kindle AZW ebooks Reply with quote

Hi all,

For some time now I've owned a Kindle and purchased quite a few books on it. However, as I want to share it with my various devices, I stumble across a big annoying blockade: The DRM protection that is built into the AZW format that Amazon uses.

I've been looking into this question for a few months now, but still haven't found a workable solution. So, does anyone else have experience with this issue that could help me out?

avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how legal that is for you to do, so I won't give direct links. Just asked your prefered search engine for something like 'calibre drm remove plugin' and you should find what you need.
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avx wrote:
Don't know how legal that is for you to do, so I won't give direct links. Just asked your prefered search engine for something like 'calibre drm remove plugin' and you should find what you need.

Yeah, I tried those, but apparently can't make them to work. Do they only work with specific versions on Calibre? I'm running the latest version right now.

Update:
Ok, just before I went to work I thought to give it another try and it now works. At least, I could open the ebook in Calibre 0.9.1 :)
Not sure if I can do other things, like convert it to PDF and all that, but will try more thoroughly when I get back home.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: