Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unheatedgarage
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
The file shotwell.1 no longer exist on fedora url. Try to download this file manually from http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/shotwell.1 and move it on /usr/portage/distfiles/

Holy Canoli! Thank you so much for that. I had seen other suggestions about manually downloading the files, but when I tried to, the system showed to already have the .tar files in the /distfiles folder. I was so confused as to why it only needed 2Kib more to finish, and there it was after you pointed it out.

It has successfully compiled shotwell and is continuing with the installation--you have my gratitude!
Slated
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
the unity-gentoo overlay's overall goal of providing just a Unity desktop

Is there any way to combine Dantrell's "Gnome without systemd" overlay with the Unity overlay to have Unity without systemd?

In other words, if I already have a fully Gnome install from Dantrell's overlay, can I just pull a few packages from the Unity overlay and install them, or will I need to modify the dependencies in the ebuilds first? Any other modifications needed?
shiznix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slated wrote:
shiznix wrote:
the unity-gentoo overlay's overall goal of providing just a Unity desktop

Is there any way to combine Dantrell's "Gnome without systemd" overlay with the Unity overlay to have Unity without systemd?

In other words, if I already have a fully Gnome install from Dantrell's overlay, can I just pull a few packages from the Unity overlay and install them, or will I need to modify the dependencies in the ebuilds first? Any other modifications needed?

Hi Slated, if you want to have Unity desktop without systemd then you'll need to modify the deps. of the ebuilds and write init scripts for all the desktop services.
The current Yakkety release has Canonical moving further away from their own upstart init system.

Vivid they switched to systemd to start system services but still relied on upstart to start desktop user services.
Yakkety they've now switched to systemd to start desktop user services as well as system services.
Ptero-4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. How do I install from this overlay in Sabayon? That distro doesn't support the eselect profile functionality and is hard coded to their special profile.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ptero-4 wrote:
Hi. How do I install from this overlay in Sabayon? That distro doesn't support the eselect profile functionality and is hard coded to their special profile.

Mixing Entropy and Portage is not recommended https://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=29764&p=161841&hilit=unity#p161841
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: