Latest Firefox Build
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirectXMan12
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Latest Firefox Build Reply with quote

So, I like to use the Firefox Nightly builds on my machine. The other day I realized that it had been a while since I'd updated, so I went to install the latest FF Nightly code (to build from source with the assistance of the sardemff7 overlay's firefox-9999 ebuild), and everything looked good until I got to a certain point in the build process, at which point the build failed, but did not seem to throw any error. I did some Googling, but was unable to find anything relevant. Any ideas? Build log is here (click "View Raw"): https://gist.github.com/53e5cdade69cd83f77e9.

Best Regards,
DirectXMan12
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did indeed throw an error. Just search the build log for "error:" and you'll see it. :wink:

- John
DirectXMan12
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Didn't see it all the way up there. Thanks!
DirectXMan12
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing...

After a couple of dependency upgrades and fixes, I got the firefox build to get past that part. However, now I am getting an error for which I can find no other documented cases online:

Code:

ranlib /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/libnssutil.a
rm -f /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/libnssutil3.so
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared  -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-soname -Wl,libnssutil3.so  -Wl,--version-script,/var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/nssutil.def -o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/libnssutil3.so /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/quickder.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secdig.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/derdec.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/derenc.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/dersubr.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/dertime.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/errstrs.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/nssb64d.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/nssb64e.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/nssrwlk.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/nssilock.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/oidstring.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/portreg.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secalgid.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secasn1d.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secasn1e.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secasn1u.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secitem.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secload.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secoid.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/sectime.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/secport.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/templates.o /var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/utf8.o    -L/var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/manager/../../dist/lib -L/var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/dist/lib -lplc4 -lplds4 -lnspr4  -lpthread  -ldl -lc
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:/var/tmp/portage/www-client/firefox-9999/work/mozilla-central/security/nss/lib/util/nssutil.def:1: syntax error in VERSION script

Any ideas? I couldn't find much documentation on .def syntax, but from what I could see, there didn't seem to be any glaring errors in general syntax...

Best Regards,
DirectXMan12
j_kubik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you inspect .def files, do you see lots of comment lies (licensing and so on) starting with ';+#' instead of just '#'? If so, then you have identical problem to mine. This is wrong format for def file, it should be parsed a bit - my version includes instructions on how to, but parsing itself for some reason did not occur, so I had to do it manually :)

Just try
Code:

for i in `find | grep -e '\.def$'`; do mv -v $i $i.orig; cat $i.orig | sed 's/;+//' | sed 's/;;//' | sed 's/ DATA //' | grep -v ";-" | sed 's/;.*/;/' > $i; done

in your mozilla-release directory - solved the problem for me.

It would be interesting to know why it did not get parsed automagically on our systems (mine Ubuntu 12.04), but since I don't need it anymore, I guess I will leave it as it is ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: