View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schnitten
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: chroot installation on amd64 no-multilib Reply with quote

Hi,

tried to run steam using the chroot installation as described in the wiki. While I am able to install steam the wrapper script from the wiki does not work. I end up getting a "no protocol specified" error message. Does this mean, that dbus-launcher cannot connect to my display? Any idea how to fix this?

thanks
Christian
peter4
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I start Steam I get this error box:
Quote:
Error: OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.

For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.

There's no 32bit glxinfo on Gentoo, so I tried the last point and here's the result: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=M96aeEs3

Any idea what's this about? I can start some games, but not all in my library. For example World of Goo works, but Bastion doesn't.
brot
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter4 wrote:
When I start Steam I get this error box:
Quote:
Error: OpenGL GLX context is not using direct rendering, which may cause performance problems.

For more information visit https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9938-EYZB-7457.

There's no 32bit glxinfo on Gentoo, so I tried the last point and here's the result: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=M96aeEs3

Any idea what's this about? I can start some games, but not all in my library. For example World of Goo works, but Bastion doesn't.

Since today i am getting the same error. I think this may have to do with a recent mesa update, however i am not quite sure.

Some more details from the debug log show:

libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI3 capable
libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I am using a Nvidia GPU with the binary driver. Maybe someone has an idea, i will try to fix this on my machine in the meantime...

--- edit since noone answered ---

Seems to be related to changed behaviour in eselect-opengl. See https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=534128

Also fixed with games-util/steam-launcher-1.0.0.49-r2
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started getting this as well.
That bug report seems to imply it is related to xorg.conf and a FILES section, but I don't have an xorg.conf file, just xorg.conf.d & there is a new 20opengl.conf

Mon Nov 4 00:06:06 2013 >>> app-admin/eselect-opengl-1.2.7
Sat Jan 3 17:31:34 2015 >>> app-admin/eselect-opengl-1.3.1
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have a cleaner solution. the libGL is being dropped in different directories to where STEAM cannot find them ... (and for some reason the LDPATH data from 000opengl & ld.so isn't being used/valid)
STEAM is 32bit & if it cannot find the 32bit 3D accel libGL it will fall back to raster (ie sw/mesa)

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib"   ~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh

and it starts fine

Last edited by Naib on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mgiese
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same bug here : except that your fix dont work with my ati card ;)
Code:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/ati/lib"   ~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh

works. BUT : i did "steam --reset" before, and like that i can not type in login data, mouse and keyboard are dead.

only solution was, start steam via "steam" ignore GL error, sign in, and restart steam using :

Code:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/ati/lib"   ~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh

took me half the day to figure this out, downgraded from xorg 1.16.2-r1 back to 1.15, suspected the xorg update to be the problem.

Ryzen9 7950x ; Geforce1650 ; kernel 6.5 ; XFCE
hasufell
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone add those workarounds here:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam#Client_Troubleshooting
cirne
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, for anyone else that runs into this problem and gets here:

The issue is that eselect opengl uses ldconfig priorities to determine which libGL libraries get loaded by apps trying to use GL. Normally this works fine; /usr/lib??/opengl/{ati,nvidia}/lib is listed before /usr/lib??, and so the vendor-specific GL gets loaded at runtime.

However, the Steam client messes this up; the loader shell script, located at ~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh, manually adds "/usr/lib32" to the end of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable for, according to the comment, compatibility with Ubuntu 12.04. Since LD_LIBRARY_PATH takes precedence over ldconfig, this jumps the Mesa implementation in /usr/lib32 to the top of the list, breaking the priorities set by eselect. That's why Naib's solution, adding the vendor-specific GL library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, works and is the right one.

On my system I just have a simple "steam" shell script that sets the variable and then executes the Steam loader.

For anyone that wants a simple, standalone solution that works for any video card, use this shell script to run steam:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/$(eselect opengl show)/lib"
exec ~/.steam/steam/steam.sh "$@"
Yak
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, has anyone else tried the manual install of steam on an amd64 system set up like http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Multilib_System_without_emul-linux_Packages ?

I only ask because I have just done it and so far, for the few free demos I have tried, it seems like it is just working. This is under a separate user account on a gentoo based system with open source radeon drivers.

So did I do it right or just get lucky so far? Haven't seen much posted about steam and abi_x86_32 maybe because it's not in stable yet, but it just seems like such a great way to avoid the whole emul-linux/old mesa version mess.

Oh and Dota 2, it looks great so far.
bammbamm808
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak wrote:
So, has anyone else tried the manual install of steam on an amd64 system set up like http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Multilib_System_without_emul-linux_Packages ?

I only ask because I have just done it and so far, for the few free demos I have tried, it seems like it is just working. This is under a separate user account on a gentoo based system with open source radeon drivers.

So did I do it right or just get lucky so far? Haven't seen much posted about steam and abi_x86_32 maybe because it's not in stable yet, but it just seems like such a great way to avoid the whole emul-linux/old mesa version mess.

After researching my Steam options, this is the method I chose. I'm playing TF2 again (cause like everything, it's better on linux), Have just finished Metro 2033 Redux and am starting Metro Last Light Redux (both metro titles were heavily discounted on Steam). All 3 games are working very very well and I am enjoyin linux gaming more than ever. Also played the free-to-play, Fistfull of Frags, which worked as advertised.
Geforce RTX 2070S 8GB
Samsung m.2 NVME pcie-3.0
Etc....
kon14
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yak wrote:

That's exactly what I've been doing ever since I installed steam on my system. Works like a charm ;)
Mgiese
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

since abi_32 changes past week, i have no sound in steam anymore. which package do i need for 32 bit apps to have sound again. all emul-linux packages are masked here.

i am pretty much helpless :(

edit: recompiling pulseaudio after kernel update is mandatory :)

edit2: i think 3.19.3 with xorg 1.17 and ati-drivers-15.1 gives better performance :) so it was worth fiddling with all that in order to achive performance update ;-)

Ryzen9 7950x ; Geforce1650 ; kernel 6.5 ; XFCE
C00lHandLuke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have the exact issue, and the fix in this thread and on https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam#Client_Troubleshooting seems to be focused on non-CHROOTed multilib environments. Is there a fix/workaround for a linux32 CHROOTed environment (nvidia)?

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: NVS 4200M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 346.47)
C00lHandLuke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bammbamm808"][quote="Yak"]So, has anyone else tried the manual install of steam on an amd64 system set up like http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Multilib_System_without_emul-linux_Packages ?

Oh and Dota 2, it looks great so far.[/quote]

After researching my Steam options, this is the method I chose. I'm playing TF2 again (cause like everything, it's better on linux), Have just finished Metro 2033 Redux and am starting Metro Last Light Redux (both metro titles were heavily discounted on Steam). All 3 games are working very very well and I am enjoyin linux gaming more than ever. Also played the free-to-play, Fistfull of Frags, which worked as advertised.[/quote]

Since the chroot is giving an issue, I tried the Multilib System without emul-linux but still get the standard error: You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run:
libc.so.6

My system is default/linux/amd64/13.0/no-multilib Is there something obvious and specific to Steam, etc I am likely missing?
Bloss
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: chroot installation on amd64 no-multilib Reply with quote

schnitten wrote:
Hi,

tried to run steam using the chroot installation as described in the wiki. While I am able to install steam the wrapper script from the wiki does not work. I end up getting a "no protocol specified" error message. Does this mean, that dbus-launcher cannot connect to my display? Any idea how to fix this?

thanks
Christian

Quote:

Same issue, I'm trying to see if emerging xorg-x11 in the chroot will work.

Okay I figured out the chroot no protocol issue. What I did was I emerged xorg-x11 in my chroot.

I currently have my /usr/local/bin/steam32 look like this.

Code:

#!/bin/sh
CHROOT_DIR=/usr/local/steam32

cp ~/.Xauthority ${CHROOT_DIR}/home/steam/.Xauthority

mount --rbind /dev "${CHROOT_DIR}/dev"
mount --rbind /sys "${CHROOT_DIR}/sys"
mount -t proc none "${CHROOT_DIR}/proc"

[ -f $CHROOT_DIR/var/run/dbus.pid ] || chroot "${CHROOT_DIR}" dbus-launch --system
chroot "${CHROOT_DIR}" /bin/bash -c "/usr/local/bin/chroot_steam"
umount -l "${CHROOT_DIR}/dev"
umount -l "${CHROOT_DIR}/sys"
umount -l "${CHROOT_DIR}/proc"

this is what ${CHROOTDIR}/usr/local/bin/chroot_steam looks like

Code:

#!/bin/sh

chown steam:steam /home/steam/.Xauthority

su steam -c "dbus-launch steam"
RayDude
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running steam on a 64 bit gentoo install with ABI_X86="64 32". <-- This really seems stable now, so the chroot is not needed.

Steam complained about a few missing packages, so I emerged them and got their 32 bit counter parts because of the ABI.

Then I found a thread about issues with nvidia opengl and steam, so I created a bash script to invoke steam to fix the library issue:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib"   ~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh

This works well for me.

Hope this helps someone.
TheXzoron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed steam from the overlay and I cannot get steam to start again once closing it for the first time. I reinstalled it but the same thing happened where everything would work then it would just not start up again.
Code:
[shorty@shortyslongcar ~]$ steam
/home/shorty/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable
/home/shorty/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable
Running Steam on gentoo  64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1428965940)
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(20150413151658)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1428938218)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(20150413151658)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1428965940)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1428965940)
FillInMachineIDInfo took a total of 0 milliseconds
PulseAudio connect failed (used only for Mic Volume Control) with error: Access denied
assert_20150428204246_1.dmp[23046]: Uploading dump (out-of-process)
/tmp/dumps/assert_20150428204246_1.dmp
/home/shorty/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 757: 23009 Segmentation fault      $STEAM_DEBUGGER "$STEAMROOT/$STEAMEXEPATH" "$@"
assert_20150428204246_1.dmp[23046]: Finished uploading minidump (out-of-process): success = yes
assert_20150428204246_1.dmp[23046]: response: CrashID=bp-e00547e1-9307-43d2-bf76-9d9d52150428
assert_20150428204246_1.dmp[23046]: file ''/tmp/dumps/assert_20150428204246_1.dmp'', upload yes: ''CrashID=bp-e00547e1-9307-43d2-bf76-9d9d52150428''
Oerpi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have new install here running true multilib on amd64 and I'm not getting a Steam icon (just a paper icon with a question mark) in the kde tray. KDE is 4.14.3
Steam was installed manually as per the gentoo wiki.

edit: Nevermind, feeling slightly stupid now.

Simply copying the icon to /usr shar/pixmaps/steam_tray_mono.png works.
recursion
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheXzoron wrote:
I installed steam from the overlay and I cannot get steam to start again once closing it for the first time. I reinstalled it but the same thing happened where everything would work then it would just not start up again.

I ran into the exact same problem yesterday! It<s super easy to fix. Just uninstall both steam and fglrx, reboot, install steam FIRST, then ati-drivers then it should work easy peasy.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just start your dbus init scrit and add it to boot runlevel
micko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a question to another thread (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7750406.html#7750406) but this one seems more proper.

Chiitoo wrote:

One good example of Steam's bad /tmp use is that it tends to leave a certain file (starting with steam_chrome_shmem...) that will make Steam run very slow if another user runs it and the file is still around from the other. I did just now look at it though to confirm the name of it, and I see my user name is now there, too, so they might have finally fixed this!

I have a problem that sounds like this. Steam is extremely slow. Sometimes it might answer to clicks, but mostly no. I've tried removing it, created a new user to test it (so there's absolutely nothing in homedir) but nothing helps.

Seeing this got me excited that finally I don't have to boot to Ubuntu for games, but no. There's no such file in my /tmp left behind. Steam creates one when it's running.

Running Steam with STEAM_RUNTIME=0 looks like this:
http://pastebin.com/NsTpif6u

Problem started when I got rid of emul-linux-x86* packages so I've been quite sure this is about some missing or wrong dependency. I have emerge -e @world after the change so everything should be compiled.

Any ideas?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been fighting against this for a few hours and among the missing library deps I noticed it demands libcups.so.2.

If I'm not mistaken, that's a GPL library and the proprietary Steam client is linking against it (via steamclient.so)... is this legal?

Also, I've just about given up trying to get this to run. After trying both installation methods on the wiki and fixing any errors where it explicitly mentions a missing library, I end up with this:
Code:
$ ~/.steam/bin32/steam
[2015-06-05 18:36:50] Startup - updater built Jun  4 2015 10:35:42
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1433441724)
[2015-06-05 18:36:50] Verifying installation...
[2015-06-05 18:36:50] Verification complete
[0605/183654:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(170)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(20150604103540)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1433414140)
/home/buildbot/buildslave_steam/steam_rel_client_ubuntu12_linux/build/src/steamUI/../common/steam/client_api.cpp (320) : Assertion Failed: ClientAPI_InitGlobalInstance: InternalAPI_Init_Internal failed, most likely because you are missing a 32-bit dependency of steamclient.so (the Steam client is a 32-bit app).

Assert( Assertion Failed: ClientAPI_InitGlobalInstance: InternalAPI_Init_Internal failed, most likely because you are missing a 32-bit dependency of steamclient.so (the Steam client is a 32-bit app).
 ):/home/buildbot/buildslave_steam/steam_rel_client_ubuntu12_linux/build/src/steamUI/../common/steam/client_api.cpp:320

assert_20150605183655_5.dmp[8498]: Uploading dump (out-of-process)
/tmp/dumps/assert_20150605183655_5.dmp
/home/buildbot/buildslave_steam/steam_rel_client_ubuntu12_linux/build/src/steamUI/SteamStartup.cpp (751) : Assertion Failed: ! "There was a problem with your Steam installation.\n" "Please reinstall steam.\n"
[0605/183656:INFO:audio_manager_pulse.cc(258)] Failed to connect to the context.  Error: Connection refused
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(20150604103540)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1433441724)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steamwebhelper)/version(1433441724)
[2015-06-05 18:36:57] Shutdown

And this output:
Code:
~/.steam/bin32 $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd steamclient.so  | grep not
   libnm-glib.so.4 => not found
   libnm-util.so.2 => not found
   libudev.so.0 => not found

The wiki says networkmanager is optional, and I hope it is because this runaway dependency train has already gone too far at this point. And if it does require libudev.so.0 I'm screwed, because I don't think there's a version of udev in the tree any more that provides that obsolete soname.
Dylanlip
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, I've encountered some similar issues. (Steam games being sluggish to impossibly slow for 3D)
Running Gentoo x64 4.0.5, mesa 10.5.6, llvm 3.6.1, with i5-4590S and a Radeon 270X.

At first I tried the methods listed above, but nothing worked, Steam still identified Intel hardware only, and games still ran horribly. (Presumably in software mode since many OpenGL features were marked disabled)

I then looked into /usr/lib32/ along with /usr/lib64/, and, shock of all shocks, the opengl folder is nowhere to be found! Checking "Show Hidden Files" along with viewing the folder in console as root did nothing. The folder's just... not there. eselect opengl works fine, but the folders are just nonexistant, and it seems Steam can't load ati no matter the command/script.

Am I the only one with this issue right now?

Last edited by Dylanlip on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dylanlip
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, here's what LibGL is spitting out on steam start with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose.

Code:
libGL: screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/dylan/.drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/dylan/.drirc: No such file or directory.

So it is trying to use software rendering instead of ati, which still has me baffled. Of course, no opengl folder in /usr/lib32/, so I dunno.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Ant P.,

The issue micko was having seems to have been related to the issue mentioned in the other thread, and solved here.

I have no idea if (and how) it affects ATI/AMD.

Also, here I get the same (with added libpulse.so.0):

Code:
~/.steam/bin32 $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd steamclient.so  | grep not
        libpulse.so.0 => not found
        libnm-glib.so.4 => not found
        libnm-util.so.2 => not found
        libudev.so.0 => not found

However, my Steam installation is a bit... “different” (or broken, even). I can't start it directly by doing

Code:
~ $ .steam/bin32/steam
You are in the 'publicbeta' client beta.

Aside from that, the only thing it does is run a message box stating “Fatal Error: Failed to load steamui.so”.

Instead, I cd to the Steam directory (which is under home, though I have a symlink there instead so as to have the main stuff elsewhere, too), and run the steam.sh script found there (the same one I originally used to install the client when it was first released).

I also use this line mentioned in the other thread:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib"

Without that, I get something like this:

Code:
./steam.sh: line 159: DISTRIB_RELEASE: unbound variable
Running Steam on gentoo  64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
You are in the 'publicbeta' client beta.
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
SteamUpdateUI: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

That's all. The client doesn't run without that, or the other workaround(s) currently.

Looking into the package (http://repo.steampowered.com/steam/archive/precise/steam_latest.tar.gz) just now, I see there is no steam.sh any longer, and the steam script found there does seem quite a bit different...

I should probably look into trying that out, too.

Interestingly (or not), Naib seems to be using steam.sh as well. I'm getting more and more curious about the differences (which might end up to a total of nothing in terms of what they do).
BT
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "steam" script found in steam_latest.tar.gz should be the same as "~/.local/share/Steam/bin_steam.sh". It is also the same script that the steam-launcher ebuild and Debian package copy to "/usr/bin/steam", although the steam-launcher ebuild patches it slightly for joystick detection.

Attempting to start Steam with "~/.local/share/Steam/bin_steam.sh" will fail with the error "Unknown Steam package 'bin_steam.sh'". This can be fixed by coping "~/.local/share/Steam/bin_steam.sh" to "/usr/local/bin/steam". You can then start Steam by running "steam" in a terminal.

It is (from my experience) probably safe to start Steam with "~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh" after the Steam bootstrap has been created, which is done when "~/.local/share/Steam/bin_steam.sh" is run at least once. It should also be noted that "~/.local/share/Steam/bin_steam.sh" executes "~/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh". Because of this, starting Steam with "~/.local/share/Steam/bin_steam.sh" is recommended.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: