Serious partition problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadyMilkman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:21 am    Post subject: Serious partition problem Reply with quote

Well I recently tried to convert my primary ext3 partition to an logical partition w/ Partition Magic: big mistake. Anyway, I'm not sure if it destroyed my partition, but I can't mount it and none of the error checking tools on the gentoo cd can fix it. The ext3 partition was /dev/hda4, and after I operated on my disk it shows that there's an hda4 and an hda5 so I'm assuming that hda4 is the extended partition, and hda5 is the logical ext3 partition. Anyway I tried mounting both hda4 and hda5... hda4 says something about a possible 0-length partition, and hda5 gives me some really strange errors. I'll try to find them. Anyway, my question is: is there any way to recover it? I don't think partition magic changed the data in any way but now when I fire it up it recognizes my entire first hdd as "BAD" so I can't change anything there. Using diskdrake from a mandrake cd I have lying around recognizes hda5 as logical but it doesn't say there's a fs on it. I know it's hard to help me without the errors but is there any way to recover the partition?
ShadyMilkman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the error for mount hda5 is that it just cycles through the different filesystem types saying that that type of filesystem doesn't exsist there. Sorry about the double post, could a moderator please delete the other thread?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: