making a soundtrack for PSX game
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angry_arctic_avian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: making a soundtrack for PSX game Reply with quote

I would just like to state, that I am only interested in recording this soundtrack, so I can enjoy the songs from this classic game (which I own) without having to play the game. I hope that this post doesn't violate the forums terms of usage. At least no more than Youtube terms of service, since a few songs from the game came be found there. For what it matters, the game is Skullmonkeys.

I am trying to recreate the soundtrack for a classic PSX game. I, at one time many years ago, had made the soundtrack for this game, using a video card that had a tv input with a playstation connected to said video card, as well as a free recoreding software for Windows XP. Unfortunatley, I had lost said soundtrack to both data corruption and loosing resulting audio cd that had came from the original ripping. I would go about recording a video of each stage of the PSX title, and then I would start and stop the audio recording software based on the video time, when the song would start and stop in the capture video.

On my current system, I do not have a video card with any sort of video/audio input, so I will be capturing from an emulator (epsxe, since pSX doesn't support the game that I am trying to record from). I want record a video of each stage, like the previous capture method, since it would allow me to get the beginning point and end of each song. I already know how to capture audio from a video file using ffmpeg, yet I am not sure, as to what video capturing package I could could run at the same time as the emulator, on my OLD desktop system. I am currently running a system with a Pentium 4, 768 MB of ram, a Creative Labs CA0106 Soundblaster card and a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS, so I hope there is a way to record video of said emulation without slowing my system to a crawl.

Thanks in advance, for any advice that anyone may give.
eyoung100
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why reinvent the Wheel?? Use this Google Search
Registerd Linux User #363735
Adopt a Post | Strip Comments| Emerge Wrapper
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: