E17 window menu with ALL windows?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manu311
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: E17 window menu with ALL windows? Reply with quote

So I heared Enlightenment is cool since you can configure everything like you want.
So I am trying the 9999 from enlightenment overlay currently. It's pretty unstable while configuring, but I can live with that.
I want a menu on my middle mouse button (I found that option, that's not the problem) with a list of all windows of all desktops.
Now you may say that's the default window-menu, well not exactly, I want the windows from all monitors, not just the desktops from one monitor.
I haven't found any module that actually does anything with the window-menu, so I'm not even sure if that is possible for modules. (Don't get me wrong, I could learn to write modules, but I haven't got enough time and patience).

Is there a module or something out there that could help me?

P.S. If you need an example of what exactly I want: the window-menu of openbox (which I had used before E17)
Rexilion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's there, haven't confirmed it though (since I don't have any second monitors connected). But I see 2 pretty relevant options:

(these paths are translated, so they might not 100% match but should get you there)

Settings -> Settingspanel -> Windows -> Windows List Menu -> Grouping -> Include windows from other screens
Settings -> Settingspanel -> Windows -> Windowlist -> Iconised from other screen

P.S. Except for 4 weird deadlocks (in enlightenment), it runs really stable for me. I have been using it for almost 10 months now and I'm really impressed by it's progress.

Sidenote, DON'T use it's filemanager. It's unreliable (and crap as of now). (Does look good tough..)
Manu311
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that option (forgot to mention it here) it's working, sadly it's not realy giving them any categories or something similar.
But I've switched back to openbox yesterday.
When I tried to do something (I didn't even do it) it crashed after I opened the configurationwindow - I've terminated x restarted, rightclicked (for the menu) and crash - andno matter what I did, that happened all the time. Recompiling, disabling EVERY module, changing useflags, changing xorg.conf.
So I came to the conclusion openbox still has everything I need for normal use. I wanted enlightenment mainly because the workspaces are limited to one monitor, so you can combine different combinations of workspaces - but it's not working properly if you move subwindows (like list of files opened or the included console) out of the main windows - so it simply ruins multimonitor mode for tools.
It's useable if you don't need that - mainly I'll try to use it for webdevelopement on my notebook - since I'm using scite for that (since monitor) and it's usefull to have different browser windows and ssh sessions together with scite - but I'm not sure if it's more stable on my notebook (it's a dell notebook with integrated intel graphics) but I'll try - I still got openbox, just in case.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: