Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Parallel Scanner support??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Parallel Scanner support?? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of installing Gentoo on my main computer and I was just wondering if parallel scanners are supported by Gentoo. I have a cheap Acer 310p. Anybody know?

Thanks
reverius42
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Parallel Scanner support?? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I'm thinking of installing Gentoo on my main computer and I was just wondering if parallel scanners are supported by Gentoo. I have a cheap Acer 310p. Anybody know?

Thanks

According to This page, the status of that scanner is "Unknown". Which is to say... no-one has tried it, or tested it (or most likely even developed a driver for it).

I doubt it will work, personally.

However, that page was "Last modified on 27th June 2001"... if you find a newer source that says otherwise, then you're in luck.

It's also a good idea to check out This page ... it is the main site for scanners on Linux.

On that page, it has other 310 models listed that work, but those are SCSI. Your mileage may vary. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: