View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: libxml2[icu] is blocking qt-webkit [SOLVED] Reply with quote

running unstable amd_64 and got this blocker today. I've tried adding -icu to package.use on libxml2 but didn't make any difference. Sometimes I just go ahead and uninstall a blocker and expect portage to fix things up afterward. But libxml2 is depended on by lots of stuff and don't want to get stuck if I can't reinstall it later. Anyone know the best way out of this?

Code:
[blocks B      ] dev-libs/libxml2[icu] ("dev-libs/libxml2[icu]" is blocking x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.8.2)

If needed I can also do an emerge --info..

And I'm not sure I use icu.. thought it might have something to do with chat or something.

thx, JD

Last edited by hunky on Wed May 23, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just enabled the icu flag globally and the block went away.

Code:
~ $ euse -i icu
global use flags (searching: icu)
[+ C    ] icu - Enable ICU (Internationalization Components for Unicode) support, using dev-libs/icu

hunky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks much Jaglover,

Didn't seem to work for me though.

Code:
euse -i icu
[-      ] icu - Enable ICU (Internationalization Components for Unicode) support, using dev-libs/icu

local use flags (searching: icu)
no matching entries found

Actually, I take that back. If I edit make.conf directly and manually add it in to USE, then now it works. So I'll mark it solved.
thanks again, Jim
arnvidr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the flag from libxml2 and added it to qt-core to solve the problem here. An alternative to removing it from libxml2 seems to be to add it to qt-webkit as well.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I just ran into this on my several systems, and after much struggling finally figured out the problem (qt-webkit changelog says icu is now optional), so I removed the flag icu flag from libxml2 I had entered in /etc/portage/package.use, apparently some time ago. Got through the big qt updates on one system (along with gcc-4.7.0 and 50 others), and all seemed well.

Now reading here, I'm wondering if I should now go back and add icu to make.conf globally, and do an emerge -uDN @world. I was under the impression that icu was pretty important if you use unicode, and had a bad feeling about removing it from libxml2. From the ICU home page:
Code:
ICU is a mature, widely used set of C/C++ and Java libraries providing Unicode and Globalization support for software applications. ICU is widely portable and gives applications the same results on all platforms and between C/C++ and Java software.

Is adding icu to make.conf the final word on this, or should we leave it for libxml2 and also do it individually for qt-core and/or qt-webkit?
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.7.2 USE=experimental python3_11
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no choice, because of other dependencies. I wouldn't worry if I was you, unless you miss some functionality.
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dev-libs/libxml2[icu] ("dev-libs/libxml2[icu]" is blocking x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.8.2)

chromium requires dev-libs/libxml2[icu]

same problem here
Los habitantes de las islas Malvinas lo llaman gentoo, nombre en el que se basa la distribución GNU/Linux Gentoo, cuyo objetivo es la optimización para conseguir más rendimiento y velocidad en la ejecución.
------
immudium
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pelelademadera wrote:
dev-libs/libxml2[icu] ("dev-libs/libxml2[icu]" is blocking x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.8.2)

same problem here

Right, that's exactly the same situation I ran in to. As mentioned, adding it globally either by editing make.conf directly or using something like ufed to set the icu flag should fix the problem. It did for me at least.
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immudium wrote:
pelelademadera wrote:

same problem here

Right, that's exactly the same situation I ran in to. As mentioned, adding it globally either by editing make.conf directly or using something like ufed to set the icu flag should fix the problem. It did for me at least.

setting icu flag globally solves the problems..
thanks so much.

I had masked all x11-libs/qt-***-4.8.2 so it skips the block. now. all unmasked
Los habitantes de las islas Malvinas lo llaman gentoo, nombre en el que se basa la distribución GNU/Linux Gentoo, cuyo objetivo es la optimización para conseguir más rendimiento y velocidad en la ejecución.
------
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: MAJOR MESS with libxml2[icu] and qt-webkit Reply with quote

I have never seen a mess this tangled in all my years of using Gentoo.

HELP!!! 8O 8O 8O

emerge -pvuDN world ends like so:

Code:

[blocks B      ] dev-libs/libxml2[icu] ("dev-libs/libxml2[icu]" is blocking x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.8.2)

Total: 206 packages (184 upgrades, 5 new, 4 in new slots, 13 reinstalls, 1 uninstall), Size of downloads: 965,200 kB
Conflict: 28 blocks (1 unsatisfied)

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(dev-libs/libxml2-2.8.0-r1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.2 required by (dev-python/lxml-2.3.4::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2:2 required by (net-libs/libsoup-2.38.1::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.1 required by (dev-perl/XML-SAX-0.990.0::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (app-misc/geoclue-0.12.0_p20110307::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (x11-misc/xscreensaver-5.15-r1::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.35::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.21 required by (dev-perl/XML-LibXML-1.990.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (dev-libs/redland-1.0.15::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.23 required by (dev-libs/libcroco-0.6.5::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2:2 required by (app-misc/strigi-0.7.7-r1::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2:2 required by (media-plugins/audacious-plugins-3.2.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (x11-misc/shared-mime-info-1.0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.16:2 required by (gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.23::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (kde-base/kdelibs-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (media-gfx/gimp-2.8.0-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2:2 required by (app-office/osmo-0.2.10::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (www-client/xxxterm-9999::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (net-libs/neon-0.29.6-r1::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.12:2 required by (x11-libs/goffice-0.8.17-r1::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2:2 required by (media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.35::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.20:2 required by (gnome-base/libbonobo-2.24.3::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.20:2 required by (gnome-base/libbonoboui-2.24.5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.18 required by (net-im/pidgin-2.10.4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2:2 required by (gnome-base/gconf-3.2.5::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.27:2 required by (dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.26-r3::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.8 required by (app-office/libreoffice-3.5.4.2-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (media-libs/raptor-2.0.7::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2[python] required by (media-libs/mesa-8.0.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.16:2 required by (gnome-extra/gtkhtml-2.11.1::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (x11-libs/cairo-1.10.2-r2::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2:2 required by (net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.8.1-r201::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.5.10:2 required by (app-office/gnucash-2.4.10::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (app-arch/libarchive-3.0.4::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.2:2 required by (dev-db/mysql-workbench-5.2.40::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6.12[python] required by (app-text/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.10::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (www-client/opera-next-12.00.1439::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.7:2 required by (gnome-base/librsvg-2.36.1::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.6 required by (gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.24.4-r1::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (media-sound/audacious-3.2.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.20:2 required by (gnome-base/libgnomeui-2.24.5::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by @selected
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (dev-cpp/libcmis-0.1.0::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.5:2 required by (x11-libs/gtksourceview-2.10.5-r2::gentoo, installed)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (gnome-base/gvfs-1.12.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    dev-libs/libxml2 required by (dev-python/gst-python-0.10.22::gentoo, installed)
    >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.4.10 required by (gnome-base/libglade-2.6.4::gentoo, installed)

(x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.8.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4:4 required by (kde-base/libkcddb-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4:4 required by (kde-base/katepart-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4:4 required by (kde-base/kdelibs-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4:4 required by (kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.2:4 required by (dev-python/PyQt4-4.9.1::gentoo, installed)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.0:4 required by (sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent-0.99.0::gentoo, installed)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4:4 required by (kde-base/khelpcenter-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.0:4 required by (kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules-0.98_pre20101127::gentoo, installed)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.0:4 required by (app-cdr/k3b-2.0.2-r3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.0:4 required by (kde-misc/basket-1.81::gentoo, installed)
    >=x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4:4 required by (kde-base/kdesu-4.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

emerge --info:

Code:

Portage 2.2.0_alpha101 (default/linux/amd64/10.0, gcc-4.5.3, glibc-2.15-r1, 3.3.4-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-3.3.4-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Pentium-R-_D_CPU_3.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.1
Timestamp of tree: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:45:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:          4.2_p24-r1
dev-java/java-config:     2.1.11-r3
dev-lang/python:          2.7.3-r2, 3.2.2-r1
dev-util/cmake:           2.8.8-r1
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.26
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.1
sys-apps/openrc:          0.9.9.3
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.5
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13, 2.69
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.5
sys-devel/binutils:       2.22-r1
sys-devel/gcc:            4.5.3-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.7
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.2
sys-devel/make:           3.82-r3
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 3.3 (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.15-r1
Repositories: gentoo proaudio steev sunrise audiodef
Installed sets:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS=""
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://gentoo.arcticnetwork.ca/pub/gentoo/ http://gentoo.arcticnetwork.ca/ http://gentoo.gossamerhost.com rsync://gentoo.gossamerhost.com/gentoo-distfiles/ rsync://mirror.the-best-hosting.net/gentoo-distfiles http://mirror.the-best-hosting.net ftp://mirrors.tera-byte.com/pub/gentoo http://gentoo.mirrors.tera-byte.com/ rsync://mirrors.tera-byte.com/gentoo"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/pro-audio /var/lib/layman/steev /var/lib/layman/sunrise /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.ca.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="256-color X aac aalib acl acpi afterimage alsa amd64 apache2 apng aspell audacious audiofile berkdb blink bzip2 cairo cdda cddb clamav clamd clamdtop classic cli client connman consolekit cracklib crypt cups curl curlwrappers cxx dbus dia dri dvd enchant encode exif extras faad fading-colors fastscroll flac fontconfig foomaticdb fortran fts gd gdbm gif gnutls gphoto2 gpm gtk gudev hires-icons hpcups hpijs iconv id3tag ieee1394 inkjar inotify ipv6 java javascript jpeg lcms libass libcaca libnotify lm_sensors lua lv2 mad milter minizip mmx modules mp3 mpg123 mudflap multilib nano-syntax ncurses nfs nls nptl ofono ogg opengl openmp pam pcre perl pixbuf png pppd python qt3support readline scrobbler session shout sockets spell sse sse2 ssl startup-notification svg taglib tcl tcpd themes tiff tor tordns transparent-proxy truetype udev unicode usb vorbis web webgl webinterface xcb xcomposite xft xinerama xml xorg xosd xpm xscreensaver xulrunner xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump" CAMERAS="*" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_2 python2_7" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18 ruby19" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, USE_PYTHON

Discord: https://discord.gg/73XV24dNPN
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected, the answer is simple and lies in the ebuild - you need icu set on qt-webkit.
Josef.95
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
# euse -i icu
[-      ] icu - Enable ICU (Internationalization Components for Unicode) support, using dev-libs/icu

local use flags (searching: icu)
no matching entries found

icu is a global Flag, set it in make.conf (not per Package)

It should work fine :)
Code:
# emerge -avuDN @world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/icu-49.1.1-r1  USE="-debug -doc -examples -static-libs" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] x11-libs/qt-core-4.8.2  USE="exceptions glib iconv icu* optimized-qmake pch qt3support ssl (-aqua) (-c++0x) -debug (-qpa)" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] dev-db/sqlite-3.7.12.1  USE="extensions fts3 icu* readline threadsafe -debug -doc -secure-delete -soundex -tcl -test -unlock-notify" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] dev-libs/boost-1.48.0-r2  USE="eselect icu* -debug -doc -mpi -python -static-libs -test -tools" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] net-nds/openldap-2.4.31-r1  USE="berkdb crypt gnutls icu* ipv6 ssl syslog tcpd -cxx -debug -experimental -iodbc -kerberos -minimal -odbc -overlays -perl -samba -sasl (-selinux) -slp -smbkrb5passwd" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.8.2  USE="exceptions gstreamer icu* jit pch (-aqua) (-c++0x) -debug (-qpa)" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] dev-libs/libxml2-2.8.0-r1  USE="icu* ipv6 python readline -debug -doc -examples -lzma -static-libs -test" 0 kB

Total: 7 packages (1 new, 6 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] n

Quitting.
floppymaster
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no rule that says global use flags must be set in make.conf. package.use works fine.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I don't know if setting icu as a use flag solves it, because I went through the output of emerge -pvuDN world and did a lot of manual --nodeps updates. emerge -pvuDN world doesn't spew out a mess now.

Someone should have had whichever ebuild was relevant output the usual "you need to make the following use flag changes", which did NOT happen in this case - which caused the confusion.
Discord: https://discord.gg/73XV24dNPN
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merged some posts above

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
ivanoff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, seems to work for me, however the idea of setting the use flag globally didn't naturally occur to me.
boospy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, works fine.
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also the Qt FAQ.
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes for some reason the icu flag in make.conf did help.

Flux & Contemplation - Portrait of an Artist in Isolation

Toffer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same problems, actually managed to avoid them by:

1. emerging qtwebkit without icu flag.

2. added icu to make.conf

3. emerge chromium with all the other dependencies.

Now I can enjoy this godforsaken browser until we get a proper opera again ;)
t1mg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem when trying to emerge calibre. Solved it by symply
Code:
 USE="icu" emerge -avt calibre
Cifer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run into this issue too.

When I have had chromium installed (it makes icu flag set), and now I am going to install dev-qt/qtwebkit, the error is as follows:

Quote:

* IMPORTANT: 8 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news to read news items.

[ebuild R ] dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.2 USE="-icu*"
[ebuild N ] dev-lang/orc-0.4.19 USE="-examples -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)"
[ebuild N ] dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-4.8.5 USE="(-aqua) -debug -pch"
[ebuild N ] media-libs/gstreamer-0.10.36-r2 USE="introspection nls orc {-test}" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)"
[ebuild N ] media-libs/gst-plugins-base-0.10.36-r1 USE="introspection nls orc" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)"
[ebuild N ] dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.5 USE="exceptions gstreamer jit (-aqua) -debug -icu -pch"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/libxml2:2

(dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.2:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
dev-libs/libxml2:2[!icu?] required by (dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.5:4/4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
^^^^^

(dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.2:2/2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
dev-libs/libxml2:2/2=[icu] required by (www-client/chromium-39.0.2171.65:0/0::gentoo, installed)
^^^
dev-libs/libxml2:=[icu] required by (www-client/chromium-39.0.2171.65:0/0::gentoo, installed)
^^^

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously. If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Since I don't want to add icu flag in global, I just append it to package.use (to make as little changes as possible):

Code:

# avoiding conflict with chromium
>=dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.5:4 icu

So this will just add the icu support for qtwebkit.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend that approach to everyone. ICU tends to break ABI each minor update and requires a revdep-rebuild of everything built with it. By not setting the use flag globally you'll save a couple hours of needless recompiling.
mlybarger
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have this issue trying to pull in chromium. i couldn't really understand the fix. i've set icu in package.use, but qtwebkit needs it unset for libxml2, and chromium needs it set for that library. annoying.

Code:

dev-libs/libxml2:=[icu] required by (www-client/chromium-40.0.2214.91:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
                       ^^^                                                                                                                           

dev-libs/libxml2:2[!icu?] required by (dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.5:4/4::gentoo, installed)
                       ^^^^^                                                                                               

i tried setting global icu in make.conf, and removed other masking, but it's not working for me.

Code:

lightning ~ # grep USE /etc/portage/make.conf
# The USE variable is used to enable optional build-time functionality. For
# very extensive set of USE variables described in our USE variable HOWTO at
USE="X alsa extraengine gbm glamor icu image-converter imagemagick infinality
lightning ~ # grep icu /etc/portage/package.keywords
lightning ~ # grep icu /etc/portage/package.use     
=media-libs/harfbuzz-0.9.28 icu
#>=dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.2 icu

Code:

lightning ~ # emerge -p chromium

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/jsoncpp-0.5.0-r1  USE="-doc"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/re2-0_p20140304  ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-util/re2c-0.13.7.5
[ebuild  N     ] media-sound/gsm-1.0.13-r1  ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-perl/JSON-2.590.0-r1
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/dotconf-1.3
[ebuild  N     ] app-arch/snappy-1.1.2-r1  USE="-static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
[ebuild  N     ] media-libs/speex-1.2_rc1-r2  USE="ogg -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse"
[ebuild  N     ] media-sound/sox-14.4.1  USE="alsa encode flac mad ogg openmp png -amr -ao -debug -ffmpeg -id3tag -ladspa -oss -pulseaudio -sndfile -static-libs -twolame -wavpack"
[ebuild  N     ] app-accessibility/espeak-1.47.11-r1  USE="-portaudio -pulseaudio"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/beautifulsoup-3.2.1-r1  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 (-pypy)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-util/ninja-1.5.1  USE="-doc -emacs {-test} -vim-syntax -zsh-completion"
[ebuild   R    ] dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.2  USE="icu* -debug*"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pyxdg-0.25-r1  USE="{-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 (-pypy) -python3_4"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/simplejson-3.6.4  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 (-pypy) -python3_4"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ply-3.4-r1  USE="-examples" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 (-pypy) -python3_4"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/markupsafe-0.23  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/jinja-2.7.3  USE="-doc -examples" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4"
[ebuild  N     ] app-accessibility/speech-dispatcher-0.8.1  USE="alsa espeak -ao -flite -nas -pulseaudio -python -static-libs" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_3 -python3_4"
[ebuild   R    ] media-libs/harfbuzz-0.9.35  USE="icu*"
[ebuild  N     ] www-client/chromium-40.0.2214.91  USE="cups (pic) tcmalloc -bindist -custom-cflags -gnome -gnome-keyring -kerberos (-neon) -pulseaudio (-selinux) {-test}" LINGUAS="am ar bg bn ca cs da de el en_GB es es_LA et fa fi fil fr gu he hi hr hu id it ja kn ko lt lv ml mr ms nb nl pl pt_BR pt_PT ro ru sk sl sr sv sw ta te th tr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/libxml2:2

dev-libs/libxml2:=[icu] required by (www-client/chromium-40.0.2214.91:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
                       ^^^                                                                                                                           

dev-libs/libxml2:2[!icu?] required by (dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.5:4/4::gentoo, installed)
                       ^^^^^                                                                                               

0xcf80
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mlybarger,

had the same issue. The workaround described in http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Qt/FAQ#qtwebkit_vs_chromium_block_caused_by_icu worked for me.

Just adding
Code:

dev-qt/qtwebkit gstreamer icu

to package.use should do the trick..

Cheers,
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: