netgear pcmcia card doesn't work post install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kraylus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: netgear pcmcia card doesn't work post install Reply with quote

was only able to get the nic working using net-setup manual settings. dhcpcd eth0 didn't work like it had used to.

in any case, i compiled pcmcia into the kernel and all the necessary stuff that goes with it (pretty much compiled the entire pcmcia inline).

i setup the dhcp settings like i would on any normal desktop and when i rebooted into my clean, new gentoo install, it saw the nic just fine, loaded the driver for it fine (even knew the exact chipset), assigned it to eth0, but when it tried to bring eth0 up, it would fail saying that required services did not start: "netconf". something like that.

i tried doing manual config via the gentoo guide but to no avail. said that the device was already in use... what am i doing wrong? i've never used pcmcia on laptops before....

i'm tempted to copy the .config from the livecd kernel, chroot into the install i made, get xfs-sources, and make an exact copy of the livecd kernel. but... a lean gentoo-sources kernel took about three hours to compile... it's an old p200 w/ 32mb ram and a 2gb drive.

please please help.

ryan
UberLord
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at /etc/conf.d/net and check that the iface for eth0 is correct
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: