Newbie problem, unfamiliar with portage C and USE flags
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quizmaster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Newbie problem, unfamiliar with portage C and USE flags Reply with quote

Greetings everyone, I recently switched from Arch 2011 to a freshly installed Calculate Linux, so this is my first time with pure Portage, last distro I used was Sabayon... Anywho, I'm trying to install the calculate-server package and it gives me the following error:
Code:

calculate eddie_nygma # emerge calculate-server

!!! Error fetching binhost package info from 'ftp://ftp.linux.kiev.ua/pub/Linux/Calculate/CLDG/grp/x86_64'
!!! [Errno socket error] [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

Fetching bininfo from ftp://ftp.linux.kiev.ua/pub/Linux/Calculate/CLDG/grp/x86_64
 * No password provided for username 'anonymous'

cache miss: '0' --- cache hit: '0'
Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy ">=net-dns/bind-9.6.1_p1[sdb-ldap]" has unmet requirements.
- net-dns/bind-9.8.3_p1::gentoo USE="berkdb ipv6 (multilib) ssl -caps -dlz -doc -geoip -gost -gssapi -idn -ldap -mysql -odbc -postgres -rpz -sdb-ldap (-selinux) -static-libs -threads -urandom -xml" CDISTRO="CLDG desktop"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    berkdb? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    postgres? ( dlz ) berkdb? ( dlz ) mysql? ( dlz !threads ) odbc? ( dlz ) ldap? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz ) gost? ( ssl ) threads? ( caps )

(dependency required by "sys-apps/calculate-server-2.1.15-r6[-calculate_nonamed]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "calculate-server" [argument])

So how do I get this package successfully installed, do I run USE flags, this is my first time using all the gentoolkit commands, but I am a programmer so bear with me, how do I solve it?
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quizmaster,

What it's trying to tell you is with 'berkdb? ( dlz )' is if you have berkdb enabled then dlz needs to be enabled

In gentoo I would echo "net-dns/bind dlz" >> /etc/portage/package.use

I can't speak for Calculate Linux though :?

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quizmaster ...

You should direct such questions at the caluclate linux forums ... this forum is for Gentoo, we can not support derivative distributions.

best ... khay
Quizmaster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but in case you guys haven't noticed, no ever posts on there, it isn't exactly active so that's why.. Also I built this one from Scratch 'cause when I tried to install Gentoo 12.1 from System Rescue Cd, turns out my disc was corrupted but I will give it another try eventually. Here is my output if anyone is at all interested, I've posted on the Calculate forums and I will probably be back for authentic Gentoo questions:
Code:

calculate eddie_nygma # echo "net-dns/bind dlz" >> /etc/portage/package.use
bash: /etc/portage/package.use: Is a directory
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
calculate eddie_nygma # echo "net-dns/bind dlz" >> /etc/portage/package.use
bash: /etc/portage/package.use: Is a directory

Then you can use echo "net-dns/bind dlz" >> /etc/portage/package.use/filename.use

You can replace the filename.use with any name you want. At least you can in Gentoo. I like to organised my files in these directories by what programs do, like games, programming, etc. Just don't overwrite an existing file!

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quizmaster wrote:
Thanks, but in case you guys haven't noticed, no ever posts on there, it isn't exactly active so that's why..

Quizmaster ... OK, but you don't see this as anykind of sign? Gentoo "[...] is a community built around a distribution", if someone wants to use whatever code is produced, fine, but they don't get the community, as the community is of a higher value than the code. Anyone can build a distribution "based on Gentoo", that's the easy part ... having a community of users and developers is what makes it a viable proposition. Now, why should we support a project that has no relation to the Gentoo "community" other than using its code?

best ... khay
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Unsupported Software. @Quizmaster, this doesn't mean that you won't get support, but merely properly categorizes the thread.

- John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: