Problem with wireless N... ideas?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dspahn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Problem with wireless N... ideas? Reply with quote

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Networking. You win:)

I'm using a WPC600N which is a Broadcom 4321. It is a PCMCIA card and I have never been able to get it working with native Linux drivers. I just redid my computer- new Gentoo, new Gnome, etc. I copied my /etc/conf.d/net and /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf from the previous installation (Also Gentoo). Where I am right now is: the woreless card shows and detects wireless A, B, and G networks, but no N networks. The OS is the only change- My network has remained the same. I'm using ndiswrapper and the same drivers I used on the previous Gentoo install. Any idea why I can't see N networks?

Thnks!
dspahn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: More info... Reply with quote

I have 2 network cards in this computer. The old one goes up to G speeds, and is an Intel 3945. It sees, but cannot connect at N speeds to, the N network. So that lets me rule out something at the OS level. It has to be a driver issue. I'm using ndiswrapper, and the drivers I used on the last OS. I was using r1.58-rc1, because it was what emerge when I allowed the ~x86 keyword. I unmerged it, and went with 1.57.I'll post with my results after I test it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: