Importing certificates in Vivaldi browser [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Importing certificates in Vivaldi browser [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trouble figuring out a as trivial an action as to import SSL certificates (a ".p12" file) into Vivaldi browser.
I don't even know where to start from: I can't find any menu, dialog or URL for that purpose.

I have the same problem under OSX (different machine), but that's another chapter.

I am running www-client/vivaldi-1.3.519.25_p1 , that describes itself as:
Quote:
Vivaldi 1.3.519.25 (Developer Build) dev (64-bit)
Revision 3f7e55beeab37a0ef928dbee1caf30b3cab0fac6
OS Linux
Blink 537.36 (@3f7e55beeab37a0ef928dbee1caf30b3cab0fac6)
JavaScript V8 5.1.281.60
Flash (Disabled)
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.86 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.3.519.25
Command Line /usr/bin/vivaldi --user-data-dir=~/.config/vivaldi-snapshot --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=22.0.0.192 --always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --window-depth=24 --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
Executable Path /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-snapshot

Thank you!

Last edited by Hamlet on Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same URL as normal Chromium uses, but they've gone to great pains to make it impossible to find from the UI: chrome://settings/certificates
Hamlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Importing certificates in Vivaldi browser [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer. It allowed me to solve my problem.
Their carefulness in hiding that feature is remarkable, and very effective.
In summary, on my Linux host:
  • typing as URL: chrome://settings/certificates turns the URL to vivaldi://settings and shows a dialogue-like web page in the tab
  • typing as URL: vivaldi://settings/certificates opens the wep-page-like settings page (not dialogue-like) in a place that has nothing to do with certificates; this page is the same as from the URL: vivaldi://settings

On my OSX host (which is off topic for Gentoo):
  • typing as URL: chrome://settings/certificates or vivaldi://settings/certificates opens a web page with on visible content beside a "Vivaldi" title
  • typing as URL: vivaldi://settings opens a web page with settings, none of them about certificates
  • using the "Vivaldi | Preferences..." menu item opens vivaldi://settings in a tab or a dialogue window depending on the browser settings, and neither points to certificate management
  • in fact, here Vivaldi uses the system-wide certificate management, that can be reached e.g. on OSX 10.11 via Spotlight with keyword "Keychain Access"
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: