courier-imap freezes up
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNewb
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: courier-imap freezes up Reply with quote

Running net-mail/courier-imap 4.8.0, mail-mta/postfix 2.9.1-r1 and am trying to solve this issue which I believe started after an update.

For a certain amount of time (Not determined) after the system starts, courier-imap works just fine, but then suddenly stops silently, all connection attempts from then on are refused:

Apr 19 19:13:29 server imapd: Maximum connection limit reached for ::ffff:127.0.0.1
Apr 19 19:13:38 server imapd: Maximum connection limit reached for ::ffff:127.0.0.1
Apr 19 19:13:44 server imapd: Maximum connection limit reached for ::ffff:127.0.0.1

Restarting courier-imap stops the error, but then all that happens is connection, the server does absolutely nothing with any logins after that. They go no-where. (I've tried it with ssh, there is no response to any messages.)

I've not been able to get the imap server to start working with anything short of rebooting the system.
I tried setting DEBUG_LOGIN=1 in /etc/courier-imap/imapd, but all it does is echo what login was attempted.

I am sure the problem is limited to courier-imap, as courier-pop3 is working just fine.

Any ideas what to do next to find out whats going on?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: