[Solved] Funny problem with the location bar in konqueror
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theeverlastinggreed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Funny problem with the location bar in konqueror Reply with quote

Hi all, I recently installed konqueror, but have been unable to open pages from the location bar. Pressing the home button (with the default homepage) would open a page with

"The requested operation could not be completed
Improperly Formatted URL"

But the funny thing is that if I drag the icon to the left of the location bar to the main viewing panel or anywhere on the tab toolbar, the page loads.

The same thing happens when I try to use it as a filebrowser and everything else I've tried.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with faulty installations, but I find that unlikely since konqueror was emerged with the default use flags.

I'm currently running fvwm and I didn't preload any KDE libraries. I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problems as I was unable to find anything similar to the problem. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by theeverlastinggreed on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
blaimi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here with a fresh installation of konqueror 4.8.3. I've never used any kde-app bevore on this system.
theeverlastinggreed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really should have followed up with this and marked it as solved. It turns out that the package kdebase-runtime-meta is required for it to work. Simply emerging it solved my problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: