Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Hardened sources and web sound [SOLVED?]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Hardened sources and web sound [SOLVED?] Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the right place. I am posting it here because this is an issue with the hardened configuration.
I just upgraded to running a hardened profile using PaX and grsecurity on workstation. So far I am happy with the results except for one not so small problem: all my internet browsers are not playing any sounds. They are specifically Firefox and chromium. VLC also having issues and when I run it from the terminal, it spits out the following:
Code:
[0x31dd0544b08] main audio output warning: PTS is out of range (-31310), dropping buffer
[0x31dd0544b08] pulse audio output warning: too late by 100588 us
[0x31dd0544b08] pulse audio output warning: too late by 179727 us
[0x31dd0544b08] pulse audio output warning: too late by 204608 us
[0x31dd0544b08] pulse audio output warning: too late by 205895 us
[0x31dd0544b08] pulse audio output warning: too late by 204933 us
[0x31dd0544b08] pulse audio output warning: too late by 203336 us

This can be solved by changing the default audio to "ALSA audio output", so I don't consider it to be an issue. However, it seems to point to pulse audio as the problem. Firefox and chromium do not have any messages associated with their non-audio playing state.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I got rid of pulse audio last night and rebooted but that had no effect. I started my computer this morning and the sound is working. I'll mark this as "solved" but this feels weird not knowing what solved it, if it is really solved, etc.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: