Problem emerging webkit-gtk
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
froosh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Problem emerging webkit-gtk Reply with quote

I noticed that my Evolution program would no longer load with the error:

Quote:
evolution: relocation error: /usr/lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0: symbol _ZNSt6chrono12steady_clock3nowEv, version GLIBCXX_3.4.17 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

and I've tried to rebuild Evolution but the compilation fails saying:

Quote:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.3/../../../../lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so: undefined reference to `std::chrono::steady_clock::now()@GLIBCXX_3.4.17'

When I perform a world update, I see that webkit-gtk-2.4.4.-r201 appears but it fails to emerge: https://bpaste.net/show/78c3a62c1cec

The output of `emerge --info '=net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.4-r201::gentoo'`: https://bpaste.net/show/fbefb2e09f24

and the output of '/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.4-r201/temp/build.log': https://bpaste.net/show/46cbb06af952

I've tried looking around these forums that have suggested using gcc-config to switch to 4.8.3 and revdep-rebuild, etc. Nothing has worked so far, so I'm at a loss?

Thanks for any help.
gienah
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error on line 418 of the build.log
Code:
Unknown compiler flag: --interface-prefix
appears to be from line 403
Code:
gdbus-codegen --interface-prefix org.freedesktop.GeoClue2. --c-namespace Geoclue --generate-c-code DerivedSources/Platform/Geoclue2Interface /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.GeoClue2.xml

On my system, gdbus-codegen is a symlink to program owned by dev-lang/python-exec:
Code:
# fquery b /usr/bin/gdbus-codegen
dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.40.2 (/usr/bin/gdbus-codegen -> ../lib/python-exec/python-exec2)

# fquery b /usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2
dev-lang/python-exec-2.0.1-r1 (/usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2)

#

So it seems to thing to try is to run python-updater and/or rebuild dev-lang/python-exec
froosh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gienah wrote:
The error on line 418 of the build.log
Code:
Unknown compiler flag: --interface-prefix
appears to be from line 403
Code:
gdbus-codegen --interface-prefix org.freedesktop.GeoClue2. --c-namespace Geoclue --generate-c-code DerivedSources/Platform/Geoclue2Interface /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.GeoClue2.xml

On my system, gdbus-codegen is a symlink to program owned by dev-lang/python-exec:
Code:
# fquery b /usr/bin/gdbus-codegen
dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.40.2 (/usr/bin/gdbus-codegen -> ../lib/python-exec/python-exec2)

# fquery b /usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2
dev-lang/python-exec-2.0.1-r1 (/usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2)

#

So it seems to thing to try is to run python-updater and/or rebuild dev-lang/python-exec

That seemed to work and now my webkit-gtk compiles successfully. However, the whole reason for looking at that was because evolution would not compile. I'm still getting the same error involving "libwebkit-gtk-3.0.so: undefined reference to `std::steady_clock::now()@GLIBCXX_3.4.17' ".

The failed build.log is: https://bpaste.net/show/af9fb7990cfc
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:roll: libwebkit-gtk-3.0.so is slot 3, not 2.
gienah
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On line 1127 it has:
Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.3/../../../../lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so: undefined reference to `std::chrono::steady_clock::now()@GLIBCXX_3.4.17'

The command to check a shared library is linked correctly so that it can find all of its libraries and symbols is:
Code:
ldd -r /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.3/../../../../lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so

On my system there are no missing symbols in that library. On your system, since there appears that there are
missing symbols in that library, the idea is to find which package owns that library:
Code:
# file /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.3/../../../../lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.3/../../../../lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so: symbolic link to `libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.22.13'
# fquery b /usr/lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.22.13
net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.7 (/usr/lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.22.13)

#

(An alternative to fquery b library is:
Code:
equery belongs /usr/lib64/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.22.13
)

Then to search bugs.gentoo.org for the package name net-libs/webkit-gtk and see if you can find any relevant looking bugs.

You can see which gcc the shared library was built with in the ldd -r output by looking for the gcc libraries libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1, on my system it shows that I built it with gcc 4.9.2.
froosh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rebuilt webkit-gtk-2.4.4-r1 as well as 2.4.4-r201 and now my evolution works again.

Also, I have no idea what VoidMage means by a library being in slot 3 instead of 2?

Though to reiterate, everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: