Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dim0xff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pd1986 wrote:
Lezard wrote:
I have the same problem with cpufreqd when running the /etc/init.d script. When I run it from the command line it starts flawlessly.

Because I have a T400 I applied the patch in this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=346399

I really like cpufreqd because I can monitor the temperature of my system and the programs that are running (like folding at home)

I added the command in the local.start script :)

I hope that helps

crashed again.
after checking the message, it shows

Mar 25 21:36:31 PD cpufreqd: acpi_battery_init : Couldn't open BAT attributes
Mar 25 21:36:31 PD cpufreqd: get_class_device_attribute: couldn't open /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT/current_now (No such file or directory)

it seems that there is a problem with the workings of acpi on my laptop.
There are always acpi issues on my laptop, not only with that but also with my fan working....

Hello!
I've had the same problem.
Try to check if file /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT/power_now exists
If yes, then you should to recompile cpufreqd with some changes in source code:
file cpufreqd-2.4.2/src/cpufreqd_acpi_battery.c
line 38
Change from #define CURRENT_NOW "current_now" to #define CURRENT_NOW "power_now"

PS: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3172707&group_id=58904&atid=489239
PPS: It helps me.
pd1986
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dim0xff wrote:
pd1986 wrote:
Lezard wrote:
I have the same problem with cpufreqd when running the /etc/init.d script. When I run it from the command line it starts flawlessly.

Because I have a T400 I applied the patch in this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=346399

I really like cpufreqd because I can monitor the temperature of my system and the programs that are running (like folding at home)

I added the command in the local.start script :)

I hope that helps

crashed again.
after checking the message, it shows

Mar 25 21:36:31 PD cpufreqd: acpi_battery_init : Couldn't open BAT attributes
Mar 25 21:36:31 PD cpufreqd: get_class_device_attribute: couldn't open /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT/current_now (No such file or directory)

it seems that there is a problem with the workings of acpi on my laptop.
There are always acpi issues on my laptop, not only with that but also with my fan working....

Hello!
I've had the same problem.
Try to check if file /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT/power_now exists
If yes, then you should to recompile cpufreqd with some changes in source code:
file cpufreqd-2.4.2/src/cpufreqd_acpi_battery.c
line 38
Change from #define CURRENT_NOW "current_now" to #define CURRENT_NOW "power_now"

PS: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3172707&group_id=58904&atid=489239
PPS: It helps me.

This file does exist. But I don't know where the C file is. Could you tell me please? Thanks
dim0xff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pd1986 wrote:

This file does exist. But I don't know where the C file is. Could you tell me please? Thanks

The easiest, but wrong way:
%> sudo emerge -1v cpufreqd
Code:
 * cpufreqd-2.4.2.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                                               [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking cpufreqd-2.4.2.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work/cpufreqd-2.4.2 ...
 * Applying cpufreqd-conf.d.patch ...                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying cpufreqd-2.4.2-PATH_MAX.patch ...                                                                                          [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work/cpufreqd-2.4.2 ...

At this time you should press Ctrl-Z.
Code:
[1]+  Stopped                 emerge -1v cpufreqd
%>

In the other win open and edit file /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work/cpufreqd-2.4.2/src/cpufreqd_acpi_battery.c
Then go back and enter fg command, so emerging will continue.
This will work, BUT this is wrong way, because after next full system upgrade these changes will be lost.

The right way:
1. create patch
2. put your own copy cpufreqd ebuild with patch to local overlay
3. submit patch to bugtracker :)

PS: sorry for my English
pd1986
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dim0xff wrote:
pd1986 wrote:

The easiest, but wrong way:
%> sudo emerge -1v cpufreqd
Code:
 * cpufreqd-2.4.2.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                                               [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking cpufreqd-2.4.2.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work/cpufreqd-2.4.2 ...
 * Applying cpufreqd-conf.d.patch ...                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * Applying cpufreqd-2.4.2-PATH_MAX.patch ...                                                                                          [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work/cpufreqd-2.4.2 ...

At this time you should press Ctrl-Z.
Code:
[1]+  Stopped                 emerge -1v cpufreqd
%>

In the other win open and edit file /var/tmp/portage/sys-power/cpufreqd-2.4.2-r1/work/cpufreqd-2.4.2/src/cpufreqd_acpi_battery.c
Then go back and enter fg command, so emerging will continue.
This will work, BUT this is wrong way, because after next full system upgrade these changes will be lost.

The right way:
1. create patch
2. put your own copy cpufreqd ebuild with patch to local overlay
3. submit patch to bugtracker :)

PS: sorry for my English

understood, thanks.
PS: don't worry, my english sucks too
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: