Ghostscript configuration
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamesbch
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Ghostscript configuration Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a problem of fonts with ghostscript because I can't render the apostrophe (0x2BC) when a postscript document has it. I've tried viewing document containing this character with gs (without argument, with X useflag) but the apostrophe is replaced by a blank square. A friend found out that this may be gs not using Nimbus monospace font as substitution font.

I'm trying to find the configuration directory (which is in /etc/ghostscript in debian) but nothing. The file I'm searching associate font names with font pfb files. Moreover I'm not sure that nimbus is currently installed (how to find which packet would install a particular file?). I need some help, thank you :)

You can view the PS file so you can try if this reproduce the problem too: http://pastebin.com/XgLNpUPs
What is rendered on my computer with gs: http://i.imgur.com/AzgdQ.png

You can see what is the log of ghostscript below:
Code:
    GPL Ghostscript 9.05 (2012-02-08)
    Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
    This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
    Can't find (or can't open) font file /usr/share/ghostscript/9.05/Resource/Font/NimbusMonL-Regu.
    Can't find (or can't open) font file NimbusMonL-Regu.
    Can't find (or can't open) font file /usr/share/ghostscript/9.05/Resource/Font/NimbusMonL-Regu.
    Can't find (or can't open) font file NimbusMonL-Regu.
    Querying operating system for font files...
    Loading NimbusMonL-Regu font from /usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript/n022003l.pfb... 3564088 2209544 5098568 3780910 1 done.
    %%[ ProductName: GPL Ghostscript ]%%
    Loading TimesNewRomanPSMT font from /usr/share/fonts/corefonts/times.ttf... 3592688 2236374 8036272 6220451 2 done.
    >>showpage, press <return> to continue<<

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: