Gentoo Prefix on an x86 QNAP NAS device
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raddaqii
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Gentoo Prefix on an x86 QNAP NAS device Reply with quote

(Not sure if this place in the forum is adequate.. but I feel here at gentoo it is much better put than over at the QNAP forums.)

I have a QNAP NAS here, TS 459 Pro. It's linux based, with x86 dualcore atom, has busybox, and is extendable by ipkg. Naturally, this is not enough. So I want a gentoo prefix in ~/gentoo, but I fail.

Have installed a couple of ipkgs to compile natively, like binutils, coreutils, automake, libstdc++, gcc, libgmp, libc-dev and zlib.

Then I followed the Gentoo Prefix Bootstrap Process for Solaris. libc-dev installs into /opt/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ btw, so it is added to PATH.

Code:
$ export PATH="$EPREFIX/usr/bin:$EPREFIX/bin:$EPREFIX/tmp/usr/bin:$EPREFIX/tmp/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin/:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:
/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/lib:/opt/include:/opt/i686-unknown-linux-gnu:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin"

Everything works and builds, up to this point where GCC fails:

Code:
emerge --oneshot --nodeps "=sys-devel/gcc-4.2*"
... snip ...
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/4.2.1/../../../../i686-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: crti.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/work/build/gcc'
make[3]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/work/build/gcc'
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/work/build'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/work/build'
make: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
emake failed
 * ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed with bootstrap-lean
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   98:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 4617:  Called gcc_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2890:  Called toolchain_src_compile
 *   environment, line 5448:  Called gcc_do_make
 *   environment, line 2728:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}" STAGE1_CFLAGS="${STAGE1_CFLAGS}" LIBPATH="${EPREFIX}${LIBPATH}" BOOT_CFLAGS="${BOOT_CFLAGS}" ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET} || die "emake failed with ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET}";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/work/build'

>>> Failed to emerge sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4, Log file:

>>>  '/share/MD0_DATA/carsten/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4:

* Your host glibc is too old; disabling automatic fortify. bug 289757
 * Can't read /config.sub, skipping..
 * Can't read /config.guess, skipping..
 * ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed with bootstrap-lean
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   98:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 4617:  Called gcc_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2890:  Called toolchain_src_compile
 *   environment, line 5448:  Called gcc_do_make
 *   environment, line 2728:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}" STAGE1_CFLAGS="${STAGE1_CFLAGS}" LIBPATH="${EPREFIX}${LIBPATH}" BOOT_CFLAGS="${BOOT_CFLAGS}" ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET} || die "emake failed with ${GCC_MAKE_TARGET}";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/share/MD0_DATA/vintagesound/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4-r01.4/work/build'

Obviously glibc is missing/not found. That monstrous path at the end /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Optware/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/4.2.1/../../../../i686-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld points to /opt/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld. A sister directory of where the crti.o lives. Confusing.

So I am thinking of using crossdev to supplement the environment - building a i686-unknown-linux-gnu but want to check the options I have before I do. What did I miss?
raddaqii
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.. I still fail to understand how the above happens, i.e. why crti.o is not found. Anyone?
raddaqii
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started another attempt now, going hand in hand with bug #447348.
raddaqii
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTR, I abandoned all the attempts of prefixing within the QNAP environment and went for a debian-based OMV instead, also for reasons of QNAP not getting their stuff straight. Updates, if any, over here at the alternative QNAP forums.

Oh, took a new home in the fediverse: find me in the stream on pluspora.com: https://pluspora.com/tags/gentoo
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: