Stumbling stupidly trying to get mythweb-0.24 to work
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Stumbling stupidly trying to get mythweb-0.24 to work Reply with quote

I've attempting to get mythweb running. Comcast is making changes, and I've got to have the better channel editing. I've got:

www-apps/mythweb-0.24_p20111014
dev-lang/php-5.3.10
www-servers/apache-2.2.21-r1

Basically, all stable, once you add the MythTV upstream overlay. There are various Gentoo instructions, but things appear to be different with mythweb-0.24.1. The packages itself includes an INSTALL file, but things appear to be different with Gentoo. I don't find anything that appears to cover my situation. At the same time, I know that others around here have it working. IIRC, so far I've:

Installed the packages.
Copied /usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.24_p20111014/mythweb.conf.apache to /etc/apache2/modules.d/75_mythweb.conf
Edit /etc/apache2/conf.d/75_mythweb.conf to tell it that its data lives in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb, and the stanza end has the same path, removing the mythweb.
Changed group and permissions to give apache read/write access to /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb
Copied /usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.24_p20111014/mythweb.php to /var/www/localhost/htdocs
I actually got this last step from the error messages on the first fireup.
I've edited one other file, name forgotten, to tell it the machine where my mythbackend database is located. (actually same machine)

At this point when I start apache and try to access it, I get:
Code:

Warning: require_once(includes/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb.php on line 20

I solved this on my setting "setenv include_path" in 75_mythweb.conf to point into the mythweb install. Next I get this:
Code:
Warning at /usr/share/webapps/mythweb/0.24_p20111014/htdocs/includes/data_dir.php, line 17:
mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied
MythTV

I found that in spite of changing permissions before, they weren't all correct, so I fixed them - again. Symptoms remain the same, though I verify the directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb and everything under it is indeed writable by apache.

My real problem here is that I have no platform-correct documentation, no real experience with apache, php, or mythweb. I'm foundering.

Can anyone suggest or point?
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got it working. My symptoms kept looking like some sort of "one-off" error. I'm not sure how things got the way they are, but I ended up getting all of the contents of /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb directly into /var/www/localhost/htdocs, and it just started working.

Mythweb came up just fine, talks to the database with no problems. (That was my problem last time I tried to install it.) Big this is that I've got the mythweb channel editor, which is why I've been doing all of this. I've been to SchedulesDirect and modified my digital lineup, which I never really used, to match what I'm going to have available on ClearQAM next month. Come to think of it, now that my other channels have gone away, I may as well edit my analog lineup to match what's really available.

I'm not marking this [solved] until I really understand what happened. (or in a week or so, just to close it out.)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: