Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
see? that is why I got my gifts at the start of december. Not two days before christmas.
Agreed. Still, the company should not guarantee delivery it is unable to complete.

Bigun wrote:
I've had the opposite experience. UPS has been superior, while I've had FedEx slap a sticker on the door and drop my package off at the post office.
I've still not experienced this "drop off at post office" scenario. I did have a package which required a signature. The driver was surprised that it was required. I can only assume it is rarely a requirement. The greatest problem with both carriers is the difficulty to arrange for pick up prior to first delivery attempt. IMO, that should be a basic feature. I normally prefer to pick up, so I'll be curious to see how the post office arrangement works. That, and apparently Amazon is working on Sunday delivery via USPS.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
jpc22
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer usps by far when i order things from USA. Ups brokerage fees are simply outrageous -they only got me once on a 500$ tool for which shipping went from 40 to 125 with all the fees: 5$ per line filled on the custom paper notably.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good experiences with the USPS. Others have as well.
Quote:
Henry “Harry” Winston, a leading American jeweler and gem dealer, bought the diamond from Mrs. McLean’s estate in 1949. In November 1958 Winston donated the diamond to the Smithsonian Institution, intending it to be the foundation for a National Jewel Collection. With his years of experience in shipping jewelry all over the world, Winston chose to have the diamond delivered by registered mail. He told a reporter for the Washington Post that “ . . . [registered mail is] the safest way to ship gems. . . . I’ve sent gems all over the world that way.”

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: