This obscure thing with xfce-power-manager and probably dbus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akeliukas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: This obscure thing with xfce-power-manager and probably dbus Reply with quote

Xfce-power-manager icon won't show up right after xfce starts; instead, it appears after some while along with an error message saying:
Code:

xfce4-power-manager-settings-CRITICAL **: Unable to get configuration information from xfce power manager: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

When I try to log out, the log out window shows up after a long delay. The error message only shows up in console, not in the X. It's actually very similar:
Code:

WARNING **: 'CanStop' method failed: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

So that's basically the deal. I don't want to seem spoilt, since the issue is only delay (some 60 seconds or so, didn't measure), but it seems that the thing causing this is dbus (that's just what I'd like to think). dbus is a big deal, so I'd just like to fix it now and don't be surprised by new errors popping out later.
Just ask what's relevant
derk
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try re-emerging dbus-glib .... if dbus, glib and dbus-glib are out of sync some wierd errors occur.
akeliukas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, didn't work
akeliukas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, just to repeat what I just said, it didn't quite work. I re-emerged dbus, glib and dbus-glib to be safe and what happened was:
1. Delay on startup - still
2. Error message on startup - no more! (nice)
3. Delay and error messages when trying to log out - still
You can't say it didn't help at all, since something changed. Waiting for ideas on what to do next!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: