No highlight/copy and paste with X11 and E16-Minor annoyance
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjy0724
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: No highlight/copy and paste with X11 and E16-Minor annoyance Reply with quote

Greetings,

I recently rebuilt my machine (easiest way to clean out the OS and fix some wonkyness after the last update) as well as installed Gentoo on a old laptop. Anyway, for some reason my desktop (probably as retaliation) will no perform the copy and paste functions within X but it does just fine within console, outside of that the mouse works fine. I have never had this problem before in my years with any distro of Linux so I have no idea where to look. The laptop that is running the same X setup works as expected with the copy/paste functionality. I am using the same make.conf but no xorg.conf.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

v/r
gjy0724
gjy0724
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after some various testing, I discovered that my problem is the mouse itself. The paste function actually works as long as I hold the scroll wheel down for several seconds, and the paste occurs upon release of the wheel. My laptop mouse works like it is supposed to by pasting immediate, while my desktop mouse takes its time.

Any ideas how I can fix this, the only thing I can think of would be settings in the xorg.conf, but I am not sure what the settings would be.

Thanks in advance.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: