Joined: 09 Jul 2011
|Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 pm Post subject: Failed to emerge dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1 [Solved]
|Hello i'm trying install a previous version of avr-libc because the last v1.8 brings me problems with the arduino microcontroler
When i try to compile the source
obtain the next error
* ERROR: dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1 failed (configure phase):
* econf failed
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 75: Called src_configure
* environment, line 2415: Called _eapi2_src_configure
* phase-helpers.sh, line 571: Called econf
* phase-helpers.sh, line 467: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "econf failed"
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1'.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1/temp/environment'.
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1/work/avr-libc-1.7.1'
The first error that i can see on /var/tmp/portage/dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1/temp/build.log is:
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/var/tmp/portage/dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1/work/$
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details
!!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
^[[31;01m*^[[0m ERROR: dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1 failed (configure phase):
And on /var/tmp/portage/dev-embedded/avr-libc-1.7.1/work/avr-libc-1.7.1/config.log is:
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-m64"
I have been searching on google without a satisfactory result.
Please if anyone know something about could be so kind of help me?
Is urgent to me work with the microcontroller that requires this library. I'm doing my university final work with it.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by Yczo on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total