Mouse weirdness after Xorg update
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjmace
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Mouse weirdness after Xorg update Reply with quote

After the holidays, I decided to catch my system up to date.

In the list of packages to be updated where Xorg as well as the Nvidia drivers. Rebuilt all the x11-driver packages per the instructions in the elog.

All seemed to go well, no issues. Needed to rerun the nvidia-config program to write the new xorg.conf. Diff'ed it with the old one and really nothing changed. X came up fine.

I do have one really strange oddity. The right mouse button seems to be no longer defined and the left mouse button seems to be on a time delay. If I select the Gnome "Application" menu, it can take 3-10 seconds for the menu to come up, and this is repeated for pretty much any menu out there.

I have been unable to find any solution for this. It does this using both the "mouse" driver in the xorg.conf as well as the "evdev" driver. I get the exact same behavior. It is an older 3 button/wheel Microsoft wireless USB mouse that has worked on my Gentoo boxes for years. I get one oddity in the Xorg log that it reports it as a 9 button mouse.

So far, I have done this to try and remedy the problem:
1) Rebuilt all x11-driver packages per the instructions in the elog
2) Re-emerged the Nvidia drivers
3) emerge -e x11
4) emerge -e gnome

Any thoughts or ideas, or does anyone know how to define the mouse as a 3 button mouse in the evdev driver?

Willing to post whatever logs are asked for, just did not want to clutter the original post.

Here is the line in the Xorg log: "[ 37.070] (--) Microsoft Microsoft Notebook Receiver v2.0: Found 9 mouse buttons"
cjmace
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ideas?

emerge -e world did not do it either. Updated kernel to latest supported release to no avail either.

Sucks. I have not had a problem with that mouse on my Gentoo box at all in the last 4 years. :-(

Frustrating because it works. I just have to hold the mouse button down for 5-10 seconds before it will open the menus.
PaulBredbury
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mouse weirdness after Xorg update Reply with quote

cjmace wrote:
wireless USB

So it has a wireless dongle that plugs into the USB port? I've had a VX Nano mouse like that, and seen xorg get a bit confused between the dongle and the mouse itself - see my fix.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: