Dolphin: Git and Subversion integration not working
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Dolphin: Git and Subversion integration not working Reply with quote

I know there's a Git plugin for Dolphin.
I installed kde-base/dolphin-plugins, then I enabled "Git" and "Subversion" checkboxes on the Services tab in Dolphin Preferences.
I tried restarting Dolphin, loggin out, restarting whole OS, but there's no change in context menu. I even tried initializing a repo with "git init".
Am I doing something wrong?

I've got dev-vcs/git and dev-vcs/subversion installed. dolphin-plugins has "git" and "subversion" USE flags enabled.
gami
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you enable support for git and subversion in the Services tab of the Dolphin configuration dialogue?
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did.
palmer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check that git-svn works outside of dolphin? That will at least narrow it down to a problem with dolphin or a problem with git -- GUIs can be buggy, but so can anything else :)

If the problem is with git (ie, git-svn doesn't work on the commandline), there's a "subversion" use flag for git that you'll probably need to enable and IIRC there's a perl use flag that's necessary for a lot of the non-core git functionality.
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I checked that git is working (I don't care much about svn).
USE=subversion was off and I turned it on, but that wasn't much help :( USE=perl was on.
palmer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, sorry: I read your first post as the git-svn integration wasn't working in Dolphin, not that git integration and subversion integration both weren't working in Dolphin. Whoops!

I'm afraid I can't be of any use then :(. Sorry!
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you look into your .xsession-errors, if you find some hints?
Probably you need to enable dolphin-debugmessages:
start "kdebugdialog", search for "dolphin", check the checkbox, restart dolphin.
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a new user before doing this, because there were many nepomuk date/time conversion errors.
Nothing's been printed in .xsession-errors.
This is dolphin output log (I entered a dir and looked at some file's pop-up menu). I did "git init" in that dir beforehand.

Code:
dolphin(5129)/kio (bookmarks) KBookmarkManager::KBookmarkManager: starting KDirWatch for  "/home/slava/.local/share/user-places.xbel"
dolphin(5129)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-slava/ksycoca4"
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("trash:/")
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob: KIO::SimpleJob(0x86c180)
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::protoQ: creating ProtoQueue instance for "trash"
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::ProtoQueue::ProtoQueue: m_maxConnectionsTotal: 2 m_maxConnectionsPerHost: 2
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("file:///home/slava")
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob: KIO::SimpleJob(0x7d5780)
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::protoQ: creating ProtoQueue instance for "file"
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::ProtoQueue::ProtoQueue: m_maxConnectionsTotal: 5 m_maxConnectionsPerHost: 5
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Entry currently being listed: KUrl("trash:/") by (KDirLister(0x8aaf20) )
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::stopListingUrl: KDirLister(0x8bcf20)  url= KUrl("trash:/")
dolphin(5129)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "trash" for KUrl("trash:/")
dolphin(5129)/kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on  "local:/tmp/ksocket-slava/dolphinXF5129.slave-socket"
dolphin(5129)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "file" for KUrl("file:///home/slava")
dolphin(5129)/kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on  "local:/tmp/ksocket-slava/dolphinZb5129.slave-socket"
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::jobFinished: KIO::ListJob(0x7d5780) KIO::Slave(0x7dd050)
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::slotResult: finished listing KUrl("file:///home/slava")
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::jobFinished: KIO::ListJob(0x86c180) KIO::Slave(0x872b40)
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::slotResult: finished listing KUrl("trash:/")
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::stopListingUrl: DolphinDirLister(0x7ba800)  url= KUrl("file:///home/slava")
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::forgetDirs: DolphinDirLister(0x7ba800) item moved into cache: KUrl("file:///home/slava")
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory: KUrl("file:///home/slava/prob")
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob: KIO::SimpleJob(0xa93b40)
dolphin(5129)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::jobFinished: KIO::ListJob(0xa93b40) KIO::Slave(0x7dd050)
dolphin(5129)/kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::slotResult: finished listing KUrl("file:///home/slava/prob")
dolphin(5129)/kdecore (trader) KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for mimeType  "text/plain" ,  "Application"  : returning  5  offers
dolphin(5129)/kdecore (trader) KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for mimeType  "text/plain" ,  "Application"  : returning  5  offers
dolphin(5129)/kdecore (trader) KMimeTypeTrader::query: query for mimeType  "text/plain" ,  "KFileItemAction/Plugin"  : returning  2  offers
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it.
git init -> nothing in the popup menu
touch test.txt -> nothing in the poup menu
git add test.txt -> Yeah, finally git actions pop up :)
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, really they do!
Thank you. But I guess it's not the right way, i. e. one should be able to "init" from Dolphin.
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friesia wrote:
Oh, really they do!
Thank you. But I guess it's not the right way, i. e. one should be able to "init" from Dolphin.

I think, thats because those plugins are thought for making work with repos easier, They are not thought to be a full graphical frontend to git/subversion. Probably the git-Plugin just does not get loaded when there is no or just an empty git-repo.
At least it now works for you :)
friesia
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I have Dolphin 2.0 which has no checkboxes for this (Services tab)
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friesia wrote:
And now I have Dolphin 2.0 which has no checkboxes for this (Services tab)

In dolphin-plugins-4.7.4, subversion an git were default-USE-Flags (on by default). In 4.8.0, this was removed, so most likely you just don't have git and subversion-support built ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: