Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Nautilus, how to remove extra mounted HDD partition?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Nautilus, how to remove extra mounted HDD partition? Reply with quote

Hi, there are two extra mounted partitions in my nautilus left hand column where you normally have auto mount file system list.

The thing is that I already manually mount those two partitions in fstab in /media, but because of something else I did (mount those partitions as readonly to recover deleted files), now I had two duplicated mounted partitions I couldn't figure out a way to get ride of.

I am using Gnome 2.32.1 and same version of nautilus.
josehw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also in that situation, but too long ago. Did you try to remove/rename nautilus config directory? Btw, do these duplicates appear in gtk's file-openning dialogs?
pstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josehw wrote:
I was also in that situation, but too long ago. Did you try to remove/rename nautilus config directory? Btw, do these duplicates appear in gtk's file-openning dialogs?

Thank you Josehw, you mean rename /usr/share/nautilus or ~/.nautilus?

Where could I find the file-openning dialog?
pstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems something to do with mtab.

I found out that those partitions now will be auto mounted by mtab, and would conflicted with same mount parameters in my fstab, I end up comment out
mounting lines in fstab. That will remove the duplicate mounted partitions, but not ideal.

As I just compiled my new kernel anew, kernel options could be the problem. I changed COMFIG_DM_MULTIPATH from inbuild to module but it didn't seems change anything.

So now my question is: how to make those LVM Ext4 partions mounted by fstab rather than mtab, as I want control mounting parameters myself.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: