can't compile libtool on macosx/portage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atmosx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: can't compile libtool on macosx/portage Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm using this guide in order to install portage on my mac running latest version of Lion. I'm stuck with the installation of of 'grep' which requires libtool:
Code:

make[3]: Entering directory `/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'
/Users/atma/Gentoo/tmp/usr/bin/bash ./libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -m64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -DLTDLOPEN=libltdl -DLT_CONFIG_H='<config.h>' -DLTDL -I. -I. -Ilibltdl -I./libltdl -I./libltdl/libltdl -I/Users/atma/Gentoo/usr/include  -march=nocona -MT libltdl/loaders/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.lo -MD -MP -MF libltdl/loaders/.deps/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.Tpo -c -o libltdl/loaders/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.lo `test -f 'libltdl/loaders/preopen.c' || echo './'`libltdl/loaders/preopen.c
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.2, revision 1.3337,
libtool: but the definition of this LT_INIT comes from revision .
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from revision 1.3337
libtool: of libtool 2.4.2 and run autoconf again.
make[2]: *** [libltdl/loaders/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.lo] Error 63
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
emake failed
 * ERROR: sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * Call stack:
 *          ebuild.sh, line   85:  Called src_compile
 *        environment, line 2545:  Called _eapi2_src_compile
 *   phase-helpers.sh, line  573:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *         emake || die "emake failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'
 * S: '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'

>>> Failed to emerge sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2, Log file:

>>>  '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2:

* ERROR: sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * Call stack:
 *          ebuild.sh, line   85:  Called src_compile
 *        environment, line 2545:  Called _eapi2_src_compile
 *   phase-helpers.sh, line  573:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *         emake || die "emake failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'
 * S: '/Users/atma/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/libtool-2.4.2/work/libtool-2.4.2'

Any ideas on how to resolve this, would be very welcomed.

ps. I see the MacOSX forum locked. Does this mean that this project is discontinued? I'd like to know, thanks.
atmosx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to @chithead on #gentoo-prefix@freenode, I just emerged an older version of libtool and worked fine:
Code:
emerge -1 =libtool-2.4-r4

is all you need and then continue with the installation!
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Gentoo on Alternative Architectures.

- John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: