Ipaq 4150 (arm5vte)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gringo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Ipaq 4150 (arm5vte) Reply with quote

Hi all,

i have been running gentoo on this little old thing for a few years already, playing around with it randomly. Im doing this just for fun and to understand better how things work in arm world.
But i have 2 issues id like to solve :

1 - kernel sources - handheld has been down and im using a kernel i got long time ago for angstrom ( 2.6.22-hh-something) mainly because of the wifi limitations ( acx crap) and now because im unable to find any newer sources. Angstrom does not suport this device anymore and i have a few patches i would like to test but i need something like 2.6.33 or newer.
Does anyone know where the sources for the h4x00 series are now ? I havent been able to find them.

2 - install on rom - to boot gentoo ive been using haret and i have gentoo on a sd card. This all leads to a crappy experience and performance.
I know that just before handheld went down a dev mentioned that r/o on the rom was ok in this device and that r/w hadnt been tested that much.
Does anyone here have any idea of what to do to know if the internal rom can be used or not to install/boot another os ?

Any pointer would be much appreciated !

TIA
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: