Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Gnome 3: How to let nautilus properly manage desktop again?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphax
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Gnome 3: How to let nautilus properly manage desktop again? Reply with quote

I personally really like using the desktop as a temporary scratch space (i.e. to put files there until I figure out the proper place), so I've used gnome-tweak-tool to allow nautilus to manage the desktop, but I've ran into a couple of problems with this and was hoping someone could offer help:

a) The text for adjacent icons on the desktop easily overlaps, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how wide the text can be before it is trunacted or wrapped to a new line. I remember there being a nautilus option for this to make it more compact, but I can't find it in preferences and toggling settings in gconf doesn't actually seem to work at all for some reason.

b) Is there some way to just show the desktop and minimize/hide all windows? Right now I can only move to the buttom workspace (ctrl+alt+down a bunch of times) to view my desktop, but that doesn't work as quickly as I'd like.
poncho
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Gnome 3: How to let nautilus properly manage desktop aga Reply with quote

Aphax wrote:
b) Is there some way to just show the desktop and minimize/hide all windows? Right now I can only move to the buttom workspace (ctrl+alt+down a bunch of times) to view my desktop, but that doesn't work as quickly as I'd like.

System Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Navigation -> Hide all normal windows
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: