Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] a purple problem :) (GTK theme problem)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prospero_s
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] a purple problem :) (GTK theme problem) Reply with quote

So mates, I need really quick solution. Cause I have to leave the country in a few days.
I am new in Gentoo and I like it a lot. But a few days ago i encounter one problem after made world update. The problem was some strange backgrounds. I'll post some screenshots:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/snapshot3j.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/snapshot2wj.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/snapshot1z.jpg/
The problem is that blue and purple backgrounds.

I tried to set them on default in the system settings/Application app../colors , but they are still there.
I figure that i must rebuild some packets again, but have no idea witch one :D

I really looking forward for the solution, because I am going on a ship for several months and I would like to brag with my gentoo :lol:
Thanks in advance mates :)

Last edited by Prospero_s on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong about the second screen shot. The first and third images make me think KDE bjorked on display settings. Have you tried opening whatever control panel option in KDE controls the display settings and adjusting those? Usually, when I see something like this, the display settings are less than 24 bits, resulting in only a few colors for the DE to choose from.
Prospero_s
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the 2nd screen is that crazy blue color on the menu and scroll bars. I searched a lot for these kind of colors in the system settings, but i just couldn't find them. I tried to change some similar to those blue, purple/pink, but nothing changed.
The main problem is in Vuze - the colors there are crazy. Maybe there is some problem with the Java ... I heard some problems about new firefox and new JRE ... Have no idea what to do. When I go in open sea, i wouldn't have any internet access, so I have to make it right now. Even if it means to recompile the whole KDE. :D
P.S. how (or where) do you see how much is your colors (24bits ect.). Cause I searched a lot and I couldn't find the option about that.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/snapshot6a.jpg/ - here is the crazy colors in the terminal style :D
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/snapshot4.jpg/ - This is Vuze context menu. Btw - the same is the color of chromium context menu.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/snapshot5k.jpg/ - and this is the normal menu.

I think that some of the programs just does not use the system settings for colors ...
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might be on the right track on suspecting Java, as I remember Azureus...I mean Vuze requires that extensively.

Don't know about the terminal, though... Which is it? x11-terms/terminal or perhaps something else? Personally I mainly use konsole, and don't remember trying 'terminal' and not familiar with its inner beings.

Any build-logs or memory-logs of what exactly you updated recently?

You might remember me from Gentoo projects such as Forums, LXQt, Qt, and Wine.
wizulis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a gtk problem. I can create same effect in gnome-shell by setting the gtk theme to Bubble in gnome-tweak-tool.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that as well, and was going to add it as well but the Java stuff overwhelmed me I guess.
Namely due to this thread:

Prospero_s
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mates ... it worked out :D
What i did - first removed all jkd, jre, icedtea, and vuze. Emerged 'em again. That doesn't help.
When I saw the last 2 posts I emerge -C gtk+-3.2.2-r1, went to System setting/Application App../Gtk Config and changed the GTK Theme from bubble to Raleigh. And that does the trick :D
Although the is some strange thing again. I am pretty shure that when this problem appeared i set all the options to default and default GTK Theme wasn't bubble ... Oh, well - everything is good, when it finishes good :D

Thanks to all who helped. For now you have only a virtual beer from me, but who knows :D
And thanks for answering me with me poor English :D
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, playing around with the GTK Themes, bubble definitely seems broken.

I can re-produce the issue just as what can be seen in the images you posted by simply selecting the bubble theme, and it will make the GTK-apps all... bright and blue and some pink and so on for the most part.

I do much prefer QtCurve...

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: