Chromium gentoo crash suddenly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REmaxer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Chromium gentoo crash suddenly Reply with quote

Hi...
When i use chromium to see video on youtube , after some minutes it crash and i forced to restart my pc......
In Firefox it don't happen....but chromium is better than firefox and i wanna use it instead firefox...
So have you a solution for it...?
cach0rr0
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest ~arch release of flash, and the one just before it, have been dodgy as all hell for me too in Chromium, though i dont get the crashes like you do.
And like you, it all functions perfectly well under Firefox, using the same version of flash

i dont have a great answer, but my plan is to do what I always do with this sort of thing: sync again in about a week, see if there's a new version of flash or chromium, pray that fixes it, if not I use firefox when i desperately need flash.
davidm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a problem too where upon opening Chromium I get the dreaded "Aww, snap!" page. Every other page does this as well including the internal settings pages. Trying to disable extensions via 'chromium --disable-extensions' or starting in incognito mode with 'chromium --incognito' brings no change. I also tried moving the .config/chromium directory in case it was a matter of a profile conflict.

It did it with the version from a couple days back as well. I'm not sure what is going on but I suspect it might have something to do with waiting 6 months between upgrading my system. Suggestions welcome. On ~x86. Up to date as of last night.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: