TeamSpeak 2 has sounds,[solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rottingdead
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: TeamSpeak 2 has sounds,[solved] Reply with quote

I'm having issues with TeamSpeak 2, recently I've been using TEam Speak 2 using the aoss switch, I can hear my friends, but they can't hear me, and nobody seems to have an answer anyway, I seem one similar, where this person can hear his friends, but he can't hear them, and there was no solution, my onboard sound card is an HDA-Intel, Can't seem to figure this out, I can hear them, but they have an echo like issue, even the lady who says, "Link Enganged," sounds muffled, I think it's just something to do with the aoss switch, maybe there's something else in emerge I can emerge to fix this problem? My first issue was TS2 would not mix channels in Alsa, that's been solved by using aoss switch, but now it's this other issue, I'm using alsa now, since OSS is pretty much deprecated, I didn't include OSS in the kernel configuration, thanks !!

Using aoss worked in TS2..

Last edited by rottingdead on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can hear them
they cannot hear you

-> and your microphone is open (the material) and the mic line is open (the mixer mic) and you're recording line is set to microphone ?

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6524040.html#6524040
(enjoy my ascii arts skills)
rottingdead
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
you can hear them
they cannot hear you

-> and your microphone is open (the material) and the mic line is open (the mixer mic) and you're recording line is set to microphone ?

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6524040.html#6524040
(enjoy my ascii arts skills)

No clue what you just said, sorry, LOL.. It's a known issue in alsa, and TS2, a lot of people are having this similar issue, but nobody has any solutions.

Also, I ran this command:
Code:

find /lib/modules/2.6.39-gentoo-r3/ -type f -iname '*.o' -or -iname '*.ko' | less

And I do not see my VIA Technologies Module in there, do I have to run gentoo live to rebuild kernel, so I can get that kernel driver installed? Or can I do it just by cding to /usr/src/linux menuconfig make && make_modules install, thanks !
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ you don't have to boot a livecd to change anything on your kernel, livecd+chroot are only useful if your gentoo cannot boot, and your gentoo is working, so you can just go to /usr/src/linux to rebuild a kernel. If you're a safe user, you will take time to backup your previous kernel as you know it can boot before adding a new one in your bootloader.
2/ if your "via soundcard" wasn't present and loaded you won't hear your friends too, it's a myth gentoo can do magic
3/ you can see your soundcard module with lsmod if you have build it as module (like you should have done)
4/ your "via" module is in fact handle by snd_hda_intel (if i remember well) so look for that one instead of some "via" string -> lsmod | grep hda
or find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -type f -iname '*.o' -or -iname '*.ko' | grep hda
rottingdead
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
1/ you don't have to boot a livecd to change anything on your kernel, livecd+chroot are only useful if your gentoo cannot boot, and your gentoo is working, so you can just go to /usr/src/linux to rebuild a kernel. If you're a safe user, you will take time to backup your previous kernel as you know it can boot before adding a new one in your bootloader.
2/ if your "via soundcard" wasn't present and loaded you won't hear your friends too, it's a myth gentoo can do magic
3/ you can see your soundcard module with lsmod if you have build it as module (like you should have done)
4/ your "via" module is in fact handle by snd_hda_intel (if i remember well) so look for that one instead of some "via" string -> lsmod | grep hda
or find /lib/modules/`uname -r` -type f -iname '*.o' -or -iname '*.ko' | grep hda

Both commands didn't find the VIA soundcard, =/.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: