cant emerge kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
user317
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: cant emerge kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5 Reply with quote

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/qt4/libphonon.so', needed by `lib/htmlthumbnail.so'. Stop.

any ideas?
cach0rr0
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post the full build.log that you're given in the failure message?

pastebin fine as well. Looks like a failed build dependency, and it may just be as easy as merging in media-libs/phonon

though, for me my libphonon.so is at /usr/lib/libphonon.so and not /usr/lib/qt4/libphonon.so

there's always the dirty hack of:

Code:

ln -s /usr/lib/libphonon.so /usr/lib/qt4/libphonon.so

but that's really rather ugly. and cmake should be sorting out the correct path anyway

i think the full build.log should be helpful, if it's a bug in their build process, it should be easier to find where (and possibly even throw together a patch)
user317
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that hack fixed it.

Code:
[ 70%] Building CXX object kioslave/thumbnail/CMakeFiles/htmlthumbnail.dir/htmlcreator.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/qt4/libphonon.so', needed by `lib/htmlthumbnail.so'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [kioslave/thumbnail/CMakeFiles/htmlthumbnail.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5/work/kdebase-kioslaves-4.6.5'

thats the log. my guess its either some hardcoded path in one of their makefiles or libphonon isn't getting installed in the right spot, probably the former.
cach0rr0
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, yeah this is the main bit I was interested in:

Code:

[ 70%] Building CXX object kioslave/thumbnail/CMakeFiles/htmlthumbnail.dir/htmlcreator.o

I was hoping it was something I'd know enough to actually do a patch for. It definitely is not

not a build expert, and know even less about cmake, but...

it was my understanding cmake is supposed scan and "automagically" determine the correct path for the different objects it needs to link against. So that's even stranger, but as I said I know only a small small amount about all this stuff, so maybe the "scanning" is a misunderstanding on my behalf.

Oh well, hacky fix is a fix, I'm usually content to assume it's sorted in later revisions, and normally only report bugs if newer versions fail at the same place
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastebin the whole log - most likely something odd happens in the configure phase.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: