Icon use priority
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkyFlash
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Icon use priority Reply with quote

Greetings. I've been a long time user of pidgin, and I figured I'd give empathy another shot. I like the client, but the status icons are hideous. It looks like it's using the default gnome icons, located in /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16 and so on. The status icons listed in /usr/share/empathy/icons/hicolor are bearable, and I'd be perfectly content with those. But, it doesn't seem to want to use those.

What I've tried to address it:
symlinked /usr/share/empathy/icons/hicolor to /usr/share/icons/empathy - didn't do anything
Installed another theme using the appearance control panel (that in theory only contains status icons) from gnome-looks - didn't do anything
created a ~/.icons/hicolor directory with empathy icons I like - ended in misery and destruction, as gnome immediately started looking there for EVERY icon, which was missing

I have empathy 2.34.0-r1 installed, and gnome 2.32.1-r2.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: