gtk error on second instance of X
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: gtk error on second instance of X Reply with quote

Hi,

I can successfully run two instances of X on my laptop (one on the laptop monitor and another on a monitor connected via USB).

For QT application, I have no problems whatsoever. They work in awesome and openbox without any problems.

With gtk application, I can start them but if I try to go into any menu (e.g. file, edit whatever) in for example gxine, gimp etc. I get those errors:
Code:
gimp:3797): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to
allocate widget with width 282 and height -240

I can see the error in the console popping up as soon as I click e.g. "file", so it is directly related to it.

The menu, kind of appears in the top left corner of the screen but nothing is visible. Often I only see some small line at 0,0 (very top left) on the screen and sometimes I can even see lines of the frame of the "menu"-window, but still it is drawn to the top left of the complete screen and not onto the application under e.g. the file button.

Long google research didn't really work, except of some Ubuntu bug with some gnome-appmenu which doesn't even exist in Gentoo? Anyone knows what's going on?

//edit: the DISPLAY variable is :1.0 on this monitor and :0.0 on the other. :1.0 is where gtk apps have the problems.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: