Remote install + banner
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubZero
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Remote install + banner Reply with quote

I've made a remote install of Gentoo linux succesfully! The server was running Red Hat and I installed Gentoo 1.2 using only ssh, even the machine being in another country!

You rocks!

By the way, I've made a banner for gentoo linux and put at one of my sites. You can see it at http://www.phpdbform.com/modules/banners/images/gentoo_banner.jpg.

If anyone has a better banner for gentoo linux, please send me and I'll put it there!

Thanks!
Paulo Assis
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote install + banner Reply with quote

SubZero wrote:
I've made a remote install of Gentoo linux succesfully! The server was running Red Hat and I installed Gentoo 1.2 using only ssh, even the machine being in another country!

Sure would be great if you could document your experience, including any special hoops you had to jump through or 'gotchas' that you ran into for the Documentation forum. (submission guidelines are here)

A large part of why Gentoo rocks is due to the efforts and support of the user community! :)

--kurt
SubZero
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote install + banner Reply with quote

klieber wrote:
Sure would be great if you could document your experience, including any special hoops you had to jump through or 'gotchas' that you ran into for the ...

A large part of why Gentoo rocks is due to the efforts and support of the user community! :)

--kurt

Sure! I will create it tonight! It isn't the best way, because I installed it twice for removing RedHat, but it worked!

Regards,
Paulo Assis
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: