Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Remove ALL injected e-builds (how to) without KDE ..
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emonty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Remove ALL injected e-builds (how to) without KDE .. Reply with quote

Hi,
Got this major problem:
Can't get KDE to emerge because i have made a very very stupid mistake:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge world -u ...!!!!!!! :oops: :oops:
So now i can not use KPortage (i need to have KDE) to remove the injected E-builds before i will do an: emerge -De.
Does anybody know how to remove the e-builds from a console :?:

thanxs :!:
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-installation question, moved from Installing Gentoo.

That said, exactly what is your problem? You can't use portage because you can't use KDE? 8O What does that have to do with anything? And why would you want to "remove" injected packages before emerging --emptytree to begin with? On a sidenote, why do you want to do that, anyway? Just because you updated the world with ~x86??? Why don't you simply remerge the world? As long as you have only ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86" in /etc/make.conf it'll automatically downgrade everything that's been installed beyond your desired level.
emonty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When i emerge world -u it will not include the injected ones.
I can't use Kportage to remove the injected e-builds and when i want to use emerge -De world with the injected still in place the dependencies will not be overwritten.
KDEbase is looking for some dependency which is not correct and therefore i do not manage to emerge kde...the one that fails is kdemultimedia.

So how can i see which injected e-builds i have emerged???
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I still don't understand what it is you're trying to do, emerge world with different ACCEPT_KEYWORDS settings in /etc/make.conf remerges (and downgrades) injected versions alongside everything else. If you're feeling uncomfortable with your injected packages (while I seriously doubt they influence anything at all, let alone when you emerge --deep --emptytree), why don't you simply unmerge them?

EDIT: Just saw your last question, sorry. Try
Code:
fgrep inject /var/log/emerge.log
emonty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do do exacltly mean by emerge world with different AK in make.conf settings, sorry i am a beginner with this.... :?
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. We'll make this nice and easy then. 8)

Check the contents of /etc/make.conf. Search for the line that has ACCEPT_KEYWORDS. Assuming you want x86 and not ~x86, if the line is commented, leave it like that. If it's uncommented, put a # in front of the line, or replace "~arch" with "x86", like this:
Code:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"

Try emerge --pretend world next. If there are injected packages in your system that didn't appear in the list you just saw, emerge them manually if necessary. By the way, I'd be interested to know why you would inject packages in the first place. It's usually unnecessary to do that unless you want to prevent a specific package from upgrading.

Don't go around emerging -De without a very, very good reason. This isn't Windows, you don't need to reinstall the whole shebang everytime something goes wrong... :wink:

While we're at it: No need to quote my entire message everytime you respond here. This is not a mailing list, people can follow the thread without your repeating everything I said, it's only one post further up. Just hit the reply button beneath the thread.
emonty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

The line in make.conf is commented.
The reason why i inject packages is indeed that sometimes i use the masked ones.
Ok, will not do the quoting ...... :oops:
thank GOD this is not like Windows...but learning takes some time :wink:
You say" Try emerge --pretend world next. If there are injected packages in your system that didn't appear in the list you just saw, emerge them manually if necessary." you mean in the list that is created with fgrep inject /var/log/emerge.log :?:
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I meant the list that's resulting from emerge --pretend world. The grep over emerge.log just tells you which packages you've injected. Could you post those names and the reasons why you injected them? There usually are ways to emerge masked packages that don't require injecting.

I see you're getting the hang of BBCode tags... :D Quoting's ok if you don't reuse the entire post, of course you can quote individual lines.
emonty
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post those names later, i am at work now....but i have no KDE up and running so mabey it will take a day or so when KDE wil be emerged because i have this problem with kdemultimedia...https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26185....thanks for your help so far :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: