gentoo embedded on a blackberry 8120
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: gentoo embedded on a blackberry 8120 Reply with quote

I have been searching all over the internet... I own a blackberry 8120 and im trying to install gentoo on it (via the gentoo embedded instructions). I believe it uses an intel xscale cpu which i believe is an armv5 but i am unsure..... I am also unsure on which crossdev tulip to use.... I used the "armeb-softfloat-uclinux-gnu" tulip... and it failed to compile.... wasn't sure if that was the right build tulip or not? I am new to cross compiling so bare with me. Does anyone know of any guides specifically for blackberry smart phones? I know its pointless to do but i just want to hack my phone for the hay of it..... good experience. Anyways thanks for any resources you can point me to.
armin76
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can install any linux on blackberry
malisha
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
if the topic is still relevant: I don't think so either. I talked to someone who tried to build some kind of Blackberry Linux OS, he did a lot of research, also concerning the Hermon microprocessor (the Blackberry processor) and talked to Intel personals but they did not want to give him some pieces of information. Furthermore, reverse engineering is very difficult because there is no documentation or leads, so his project is at an end.
Best regards,
malisha
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: